MLS 2020 Series - Nike

Berlin Wall

I want to start a new project here. I want to create the kits for the 24 possible MLS teams in 2020. My goal is to create a unique identity for each club inside the league. For that I chose Nike as the official kit supplier.

Additional note: I'm not that good in creating logos. So the new franchises will actually just have their current logos (a few recoloured) or I will use some concepts from the web and give credits to the creator. The jerseys are the important thing in this project! :)

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the first team is Sporting KC. I stayed with their colour scheme but I added some navy shorts and hooped socks for a more unique home look. The away kit is inspired by the Wizards' look of the 90s.

2dqu6bo.jpg2irxgmw.jpg33ayus2.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

And I also finished the second club: FC Dallas. I actually completely stayed with their identity but I created a red-blue striped alternate as I thought there should be at least one in the league.

2d0z1bq.jpg2qk3qzt.jpgqnpy8p.jpg

Great jerseys as always Berlin Wall.

I definitely prefer what you did with Sporting KC to what they have right now.

You have also managed to provide both teams with enough contrast so that there can always be a kit combination without clashes, which is difficult with a team like Dallas, for sure.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I thank you for the feedback! Makes me proud to get such good feedback!

And here is the first new team: Miami FC!

Logo credits belong to Steven Kramer! He did great on his blog.

http://skphotodesign.blogspot.de/2013/06/pro-soccer-in-miami-branding-proposal.html

For Miami I decided to go with an all white home kit very early. The difficulty was the secondary colours. I chose the former Miami Fusion colours yellow and blue as I thought there should be at least one team in the league with those colours (*spoiler*). I also thought about red replacing the blue but it was fine and fitting as it was I guess. And it has kind of tradition in Miami.

For the design I decided to go with an half-half white and yellow kit with royal accents.

23hklyq.jpgjtnp5i.jpgi709z8.jpg

Great work with these...love the diverse mix, but I also agree that the swoosh seems out of place. Other than that I'm excited to see where you take this with a few other teams.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

This isn't really your fault, since they already do this, but I hate that FC Dallas would have another white-hooped shirt as a second shirt. Seriously, that's not enough clash. Stop it, FCD; just stop it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Okay the next one is Houston. I tried something more modern for them, except the alternate which is more,... well also modern but in a classic way.^^

I didn't change their main theme but I added some more black to the uniforms.

4t90du.jpg2ezl1m8.jpg1zc3l75.jpg

Did you tequila sunrise the Dynamo? That's.... not bad. On the home, though, I'd definitely de-emphasize the black, as it just doesn't seem right for them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yeah, kind of.^^

But I actually had a similar idea before I thought of the Astros.

Next one is Chicago. I didn't change anything on their identity, but I added a Chicago themed baby blue alternate, which is perhaps my favourite uniform in this series so far!

1z3owg0.jpgb3pv0g.jpg10si5cp.jpg

Archived