MLS 2020 Series - Nike

Berlin Wall

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see. There are five teams left. Four teams that are already in the MLS (but one rebranded) and one completely new club. I haven't decided yet about that last club.

Here is team no. 19. The Seattle Sounders!

With their flashy and poppy 'Charlotte Hornets of the MLS' identity I went with a very modern overall look. For the alternate uniform I used some very bright neon teal colour as they used such bright colours the past years for their third.

dme4d1.jpg9lljr5.jpgrvd4sj.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

This tequilla sunrise jersey is the single greatest jersey I have ever seen. They make these and I'd buy it in a second. Nice job whoever it who designed this.

Okay the next one is Houston. I tried something more modern for them, except the alternate which is more,... well also modern but in a classic way.^^

I didn't change their main theme but I added some more black to the uniforms.1zc3l75.jpg

Yeah this is great. I wasn't too hot about the home and away as i don't like us to emphasize black, but this one is great. I'm really surprised they haven't done a tribute jersey like this yet.

I also have had a theory that they chose orange and light blue as an ode to the astros and oilers.

And here is the first new team: Miami FC!

Not to burst your bubble, but Miami FC has not been announced as a MLS team yet. Orlando City is the new FLA MLS team. Beckham and Lebron have to finish working out details on where to put the next failed Miami MLS team. :oops:

Welcome to the boards. Now, let me explain that this is the "concepts" section: people create things based on real and not-real teams alike. So, yes, he's probably aware of that fact.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Next one is Chicago. I didn't change anything on their identity, but I added a Chicago themed baby blue alternate, which is perhaps my favourite uniform in this series so far!

We tried to get a 3rd kit baby blue flag shirt. Unfortunately it was struck down by the front office in a rigged fan jersey contest. The winning kit looks like a rip off of the SJ Earthquakes current kit.

Welcome to the boards. Now, let me explain that this is the "concepts" section: people create things based on real and not-real teams alike. So, yes, he's probably aware of that fact.

I was just correcting the assumption that Miami FC is now a MLS team. Nothing against these concepts... everything thus far has been amazing.

Thanks to all the feedback and the comments!

Team No. 20 is the Columbus Crew:

I went with a modern variation of the first kits of the franchise. I thought the design with the striped arms is very unique. The special thing about the set is that I chose a brighter, 90s esque yellow for the away shirt.

nywyog.jpgw1xm9u.jpgwksta1.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

And the next one are the Philadelphia Union!

I actually like their current uniform design with the Ajax esque stripe to represent the flag of Phillly. So I stayed with it but made the stripe thicker to have it also on the back of the shirt (so really Ajax esque this time). For the away I really wanted to go with a white kit with a blue Ajax-Stripe. Additionally I created a golden alternate jersey.

I also changed the logo a bit. I just switched the royal blue and gold in the inner circle, so it looks more like the flag of Philadelphia and tha actual shrts of the club.

1q21qh.jpgxlf8up.jpg2n9dj4i.jpg

New:

33z33av.jpgOld:500px-Philadelphia_Union_Logo.svg.png

Thank you all. I appreciate your feedback!

One last team for today (so much time on Sundays^^): Toronto FC!

I loved their logo and their colour scheme since they entered the league. But imo they never really used the colours wise. They did better in their first season when they began wearing white shorts to their red shirts. I never liked that all red look. So I added some white shorts to the red home shirts and also some grey socks. I think that would be the best look for Toronto!

264no0i.jpg2vuhi6q.jpg287gepy.jpg

Guess I should comment on my club. Overall I quite like it, but I think I'd make the home socks red, not grey. The gingham works really well, and I absolutely love the use of it on the third. I'd buy that shirt in a heartbeat. And thank you for restraining the use of the maple leaf to the back collar, much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Now, it's time for the 22nd team in this series (so only two teams left): The Montréal Impact!

I was actually pretty excited to do these. I always thought that a blue and black striped shirt would be the perfect look for them. So I created a home jersey with very thin stripes and white shorts. Another special feature is that I think that they should just put the fleur on their chest and not the full logo. that would be very unique and iconic. As an alternate jersey I also made a blue and white striped shirt.

2i7prwo.jpg24yddhz.jpg123qu60.jpg

Love the home amd clash especially on this one, great work once again. This one of the best soccer series I've seen on the board. Great job all-around, I really can't find a single one I don't like.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks.

The next club is Chivas which I rebranded as the L.A. Aztecs! I chose the colours navy and orange for this project and I thought that this franchise needs some exciting and kinda mystic uniforms. So created these and also a retro NASL like alternate that includes an Aztec design and also their old NASL script.

30mpa14.jpgnzknqs.jpg2e5tfup.jpg

So, only one team left!

Thank you.

Now it is time for the 24th, so the last franchise of my 2020 MLS: Altlanta Silverbacks FC!

Before I began working on the last club I went through all the teams that I've done for this series to figure out what kind of style is missing. I came to the conclusion that the league actually needs a simple but classy black and white club. After that I chose the location for the club. Atlanta would just be the most logical choice after all the other locations already in the league. I thought that the Silverbacks name would fit quite well into the black and white colour scheme, but I also added silver accents to make it fit even better. As an alternate uniform I also added a hooped black and red shirt to honour the former Silverbacks' colours.

zxqzh4.jpg122cn07.jpg98eq3c.jpg

So, that was the last team of the series. I hoped you liked and enjoyed my work.

Here is also a sheet of all the clubs I've done:

2u74v1k.jpg

Archived