Sochi 2014 No-Nike Rebrand

Edubdesign

Since it seems like all the cool kids are doing it - and I already finished these months ago - here's my ideas about how the Olympic hockey teams in Sochi should look like.

We're going to start with the two lowest seeded teams, and work up from there: Japan (who's only playing in the women's division) and Slovenia.

YpPVZEm.png

zTuxSNv.png

Loving Slovenija. I have always enjoyed seeing Countries use different colour schemes from their flag (Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Germany when they wear green, etc). Not sure what the rules are regarding having a white jersey but I recently bought a Slovenija soccer jersey which was blue with the green/white mountains on it; it would be interesting to see what it looks like up there next to the green.

Thanks guys, bumping for visibility.

I should say that I made another set for Japan with a lot of rising-sun imagery that I later got rid of, since there's quite a few groups who find the rising-sun very offensive. That's what the little description underneath the Japanese concept is talking about.

If you guys want it, I could post it, but I'm a little hesitant to go through that song and dance again.

well, Adidas has a rising sun on the new Blue Japan Soccer (Football) kits, even though there is some debate over that regarding them playing South Korea (where the rising sun is apparently bad), I think it would be neat to see what you have come up. So in other words, if it can be used on the world stage in subtlety, then it should be okay for you to post it :)

well, Adidas has a rising sun on the new Blue Japan Soccer (Football) kits, even though there is some debate over that regarding them playing South Korea (where the rising sun is apparently bad), I think it would be neat to see what you have come up. So in other words, if it can be used on the world stage in subtlety, then it should be okay for you to post it :)

Okay, at your own risk:

Mb5kBx8.png

Wow those are neat! I actually thought it would have been the red circle logo with just the rising sun stripes, but that is cool looking. I would use the Red with the triangle logo as the away and the white jersey with the red circle (with rising sun stripes on it) for the home jersey just to mix it up haha.

I really like Austria, unique colors and stripes.

Latvija, not digging the logo so much. I guess I'm too used to their current jerseys. Maybe for the Dark jersey, have a crest script "LATVIJA" and you could keep the flag design on the white one? Its hard to see a Maroon logo on a Maroon jersey especially when you have basic cable like myself haha

Archived