sportslogos.net missing logo thread

tv15

Second best. I don't like that it has a tail while the classic Mets script doesn't -- AND NO THE VERSION WITH A TAIL IS NOT AN OPTION, IT IS NEVER AN OPTION, IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP ON A STICK. But I do like the way the tail goes through the loop of the Y. That's inspired! Or should I saw in-Y-erd. No, I'll stick with inspired.

I'd rank them thus: cursive with no tail, cursive with tail, Tuscan, just using Mets on the road for Pete's sake, and finally the block letters that looked too much like the Yankees. Man, that was a bad idea.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Missing on the San Francisco Giants page: New Alt Jersey, New Alt Script, New Alt Patch Logo, 2011 Gold Letter jersey, 1999 TATC uniform, TATC logos, uniforms from 1973-1982, and wordmarks from 1958-1976

Things that need to be tweaked: the Orange Alt uniforms were never worn with the orange billed cap. Since 2010 the orange alts have been worn with the normal game cap. The Orange billed cap has been worn with the home uniform on Sundays at home since 2010. It has also been worn with the road uniforms on Sunday in 2010 and 2011. Since 2012 on the road its only been paired with the road alt uniform. The normal game cap has never been worn with the alt uniform.

Plus it would be cool to include this years All-Star hat and uniform to the site since it was a rare one off.

raiders-2.png

The NBA needs a lot of work, all the uniforms need to be updated with the NBA logo on the back and add the gold tags to the teams that feature one for the previously won championships.

The new Atlanta Hawks uniforms need to be added, along with the new PacMan logo, and their new PacMan court.

The new road Boston Celtic uniform, the sleeved St. Patricks Day uni, and the mental illness that is their pride uniform need to be uploaded.

The Charlotte Hornets new uniforms need to be uploaded.

The Cleveland Cavaliers need the navy uniform they played against the Hawks in a few seasons back as well as their new navy alternate they are wearing this year. They also need the court they used during 10/11-11/12 as well as the new court for this season.

The Dallas Mavericks need the new 15/16 uniforms uploaded although I'm not sure if you plan to wait until next season to upload those.

The Golden State Warriors need their new 'slate' uniform uploaded.

The Los Angeles Lakers need their atrocious sleeved Hollywood Nights uniforms added.

The Miami Heat need the MIAMI script road uniforms added as they no longer wear the black road uniforms that say HEAT.

The Milwaukee Bucks primary logo needs to be updated. It says BUCKS not BuckS, along with their road and home uniforms.

The Minnesota Timberwolves need their sleeved black uniform uploaded.

The New Orleans Pelicans need their red alt. uniform added.

The New York Knicks orange alt. now has a blue NOB rather than a white NOB.

The Orlando Magic need their silver/grey sleeved pride uniform added.

The Portland Trailblazers need the sleeved Rip City uniform added.

The Sacramento Kings new uniforms for this season need to be added.

The San Antonio Spurs need the sleeved and non-sleeved cameo uniforms added.

I believe the Jazz had a slight change in uniform this year as well. I think something extremely minor changed colors.

The Washington Wizards no longer have the stripe on the back side of their home and road uniforms and they need the new blue alt. uniform added.

The BIG Color christmas uniforms from 2012 need to be added along with the disease that was last years Christmas uniforms.

The sleeved and non sleeved Latin Nights uniforms need to be added.

The NBA needs a lot of work, all the uniforms need to be updated with the NBA logo on the back and add the gold tags to the teams that feature one for the previously won championships.

The new Atlanta Hawks uniforms need to be added, along with the new PacMan logo, and their new PacMan court.

The new road Boston Celtic uniform, the sleeved St. Patricks Day uni, and the mental illness that is their pride uniform need to be uploaded.

The Cleveland Cavaliers need the navy uniform they played against the Hawks in a few seasons back as well as their new navy alternate they are wearing this year. They also need the court they used during 10/11-11/12 as well as the new court for this season.

The Dallas Mavericks need the new 15/16 uniforms uploaded although I'm not sure if you plan to wait until next season to upload those.

The Los Angeles Lakers need their atrocious sleeved Hollywood Nights uniforms added.

The Miami Heat need the MIAMI script road uniforms added as they no longer wear the black road uniforms that say HEAT.

The Milwaukee Bucks primary logo needs to be updated. It says BUCKS not BuckS, along with their road and home uniforms.

I believe the Jazz had a slight change in uniform this year as well. I think something extremely minor changed colors.

The Washington Wizards no longer have the stripe on the back side of their home and road uniforms and they need the new blue alt. uniform added.

The BIG Color christmas uniforms from 2012 need to be added along with the disease that was last years Christmas uniforms.

After that laundry list, my requests to correct the info on the Mercyhurst University page looks tame lol. I even gave the correct descriptions.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If someone would be willing to provide me with the graphic mockups of these uniforms, I'd be more than happy to upload them to the site.

After that laundry list, my requests to correct the info on the Mercyhurst University page looks tame lol. I even gave the correct descriptions.

I have read your Mercyhurst posts, and I'll get to those corrections and updates soon. BTW, do you happen to have or know where I can find the currnet Mercyhurst University Athletics style guide or Graphics Standards manual?

The proper Brooklyn Dodger cap logo. Currently only the Red Sox modified B is up. It should be this one:

Screen-shot-2013-04-10-at-12.43.48-PM.pn

5669977858_d04ed751ab_b.jpg

Clearly, at least one manufacturer knows this, as 47 Brand sells several items with the correct logo:

pMLB2-3836893dt.jpgpMLB2-18326180dt.jpg\

They do mix in a few inaccurate items though:

pMLB2-18020537dt.jpg51OHRSGBg0L._SY355_.jpg

Still, they're better than New Era, who insist on using the inaccurate Red Sox B with the notch cut out, or the Bakersfield Dodgers hat:

brooklyn-dodgers-1939-57-fitted-new-era-DSCN2588.jpg

Anubis.png

The MLB fixed all of those Brooklyn cap marks...will post soon.

Really?? That's good to hear. How long ago did that happen? Have they fixed the NY Giants stuff too?

They pretty much fixed everything that was wrong for every team.

Back to 1900. Recreated every uniform script, cap mark and sleeve patch.

Anything I don't have now, is due to trademark issues...if the MLB couldn't secure a trademark for it (older logos and scripts usually), it was not included.

I'll be posting as much as I can on my own site in the near future - I'm in the middle of rebuilding my site right now...should be up in a week or so.