Have the Cowboys ever worn dark jerseys at home?

otero1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're going to this week, but I was wondering if they've ever done it before.

I could have sworn I've seen pics of them in their Royal Blues in Texas Stadium in the 70's.

Yes. the navy fauxbacks and the navy double stars with the silver pants and regular helmet.

I could have sworn I've seen pics of them in their Royal Blues in Texas Stadium in the 70's.

Yes. the navy fauxbacks and the navy double stars with the silver pants and regular helmet.

Yeah, that's not what I was actually asking. I didn't mean throwbacks. I meant standard dark jerseys.

This answered my question http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/11/26/cowboys-going-blue-at-home-first-time-in-40-years/

Yeah, that's not what I was actually asking. I didn't mean throwbacks. I meant standard dark jerseys.

This answered my question http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/11/26/cowboys-going-blue-at-home-first-time-in-40-years/

The navy double stars with the silver helmets and pants were an alt jersey and not a throwback. That particular jersey was worn in 95 and 01-03 at home.

All I know is that they SHOULD.

No more royal blue anywhere, navy at home white on the road.

Yeah, the Cowboys could wear navy more. Then they could be just like the Patriots. And the Broncos. And the Texans, Chargers, Titans, Rams, Seahawks, and Bears. Hell, I'm probably forgetting a team or two.

OR... they could go back to this dark uniform, and have a truly unique color scheme that would belong just to them, and that they could absolutely own... dark royal and metallic blue-silver...

Dallas-Cowboys-Chuck-Howley.jpg

Yeah, the Cowboys could wear navy more. Then they could be just like the Patriots. And the Broncos. And the Texans, Chargers, Titans, Rams, Seahawks, and Bears. Hell, I'm probably forgetting a team or two.

OR... they could go back to this dark uniform, and have a truly unique color scheme that would belong just to them, and that they could absolutely own... dark royal and metallic blue-silver...

I still don't understand why the Cowboys' blue jerseys don't look like this. The current version just looks silly with the offset outline and differing striping and such.

I still don't understand why the Cowboys' blue jerseys don't look like this. The current version just looks silly with the offset outline and differing striping and such.

It's because the Cowboys got whipped in a few games in the late 70's and early 80's while wearing them. (In an especially memorable one, the Eagles made them wear them in a playoff game in Philly. It's memorable to me, because as a kid, my family had just bought our first VRC... Betamax, naturally... and I taped the game. My brother and I would rewind over and over again a shot of Danny White crying on the sideline as the clock ran down. Priceless.) Anyway, instead of saying the obvious "we need to get better players" the Cowboys decided the jerseys were cursed (cursed, I tell you!) and designed their first navy and silver dark uniform. And that started them on the road to mismatched color hell.

Of course they lost Super Bowl V (pictured above, a game in which they were designated the home team), as a further example. But they did blitz a good Rams team 28-0 in the 1978 NFC Championship game wearing blue, so they weren't always bad luck.

Navy and silver is a unique color scheme though. It looks very sharp.

Mismatched blues that come about because of sloppiness is not okay. It's not tradition, or a manufacturing shortcoming (Rams and Giants mismatched helmets, New Era's limited number of cap shades, purple in general), it's an evolution of tweaks that took them furthe and further away from where they started. But it's not hard to trace the current unis back to versions that matched better.

Look, match the colors. 1 blue. 1 silver.

Have a matching look that doesn't dramatically change between home and away. Fine.

... but don't... DON'T wear blue at home. That's just something that shouldn't happen.

Also, the NFL is getting less fun by the hour. First take away celebrations, then make Super Bowl logos dull and monotonous as hell, now THIS?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived