Offical: New Team in ECHL in 2014

48lowes

Amazing a puck with writing..........

So many other ideas could of been had, an Indy car with puck wheels, a goalie gloving a car, a checkered flag with a puck going through it.

Oh well.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

From what I understand about the Indy Eleven branding, they couldn't go with too many racing-inspired motifs for fear of a lawsuit from IMS.

I'd imagine we're looking at a lot of the same here. The use of an IndyCar would definitely bring about a lawsuit for example.

I'm happy we've got professional hockey back, namely because I think it can be more successful than the Ice in the USHL (just because if people are watching 17 year-olds play sports in this town, it's basketball).

Also, I think the Ice's owners' kids are finally through playing junior hockey so maybe they'll be done propping up the team.

6fQjS3M.png

I think the IMS thing was a little overblown. It was more about the name "Racing Indy" than using racing imagery. An Indy Car is probably too much but obviously checkers are fine. I don't know that the IMS would win a court battle over "Racing Indy" but the Eleven surely didn't want to ruffle any local feathers. Plus the name could easily reference Drag Racing which uses Indianapolis Raceway Park for their biggest event every year. I personally would have explored some old school gasoline advertising, retro car badges (Indianapolis at one time was a automotive manufacturing hub), maybe some other racing imagery.

Although unexcited about the branding (I was literally trying to find a contact name when a co-worker came in and showed me the logo) I am excited about professional hockey coming to Indy. I'll look at getting a game pack when they offer them for sure. Should be fun, plus a ton of local rivals already available.

From what I understand about the Indy Eleven branding, they couldn't go with too many racing-inspired motifs for fear of a lawsuit from IMS.

I'd imagine we're looking at a lot of the same here. The use of an IndyCar would definitely bring about a lawsuit for example.

I'm happy we've got professional hockey back, namely because I think it can be more successful than the Ice in the USHL (just because if people are watching 17 year-olds play sports in this town, it's basketball).

Also, I think the Ice's owners' kids are finally through playing junior hockey so maybe they'll be done propping up the team.

Replace the Ice with a team in the Quad Cities?

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Archived