LoGO #2 Poll

TheFallenHaveRisen

Once you vote for a user in one poll, you can't do so in another poll, 1st Place votes get 3 points, 2nd Place gets 2 points, 3rd Place gets 1 point, Top 3 points are declared the winners, all ties are decided by time of submission.

mr.nascar13 - Concept

TheGiantsFan - Concept

Griffinmarlins - Concept

Davidellias - Concept

St. Louis Cardinals - Concept

ncs53 - Concept

Fifty8_Black O - Concept

Windell918 - Concept

derschwigg - Concept

lancealot - Concept

AntCurtain - Concept

GeauxColonels - Concept

The criteria for this was What would the New York Yankees look like as a 90's Expansion team? The concept had to have a Cap Logo, Wordmark, Home Uni, Away Uni & Alternate Uni, with the Home uni having pinstripes & the away saying New York

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Quick question, would you guys be opposed to a competition where every concept must be on a certain template?

It would be much better as long as you had it in Ai ps svg and Paint compatible

How would you determine second and third place if voting ends like it is now with Windell in second and third place?

I believe TFHR stated that the 1st 2nd and 3rd are just points. 1st=3pts 2=2pts 3rd=1pt. So at the moment, Derschwigg, who's in first in the first place votes, wouldn't necessarily be leading

But the point of the template was making you guys use a certain format (That you may or may not be familiar with). If everyone's against it, then we won't do it.

Well, that's not really going to work. I'm sure the Photoshop and Illustrator guys don't want to use the free programs (Paint, GIMP, and Inkscape. And vice-versa, a compatible template would be nice, but it's really hard to get everyone to use the same program.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

But the point of the template was making you guys use a certain format (That you may or may not be familiar with). If everyone's against it, then we won't do it.

Well, that's not really going to work. I'm sure the Photoshop and Illustrator guys don't want to use the free programs (Paint, GIMP, and Inkscape. And vice-versa, a compatible template would be nice, but it's really hard to get everyone to use the same program.

Agreed. Some of us aren't professionals and can't fork out the $$ for a program like Illustrator. It would definitely eliminate a significant portion of the possible entrants IMO.

gYH2mW9.png

Agreed. Some of us aren't professionals and can't fork out the $$ for a program like Illustrator. It would definitely eliminate a significant portion of the possible entrants IMO.

If there are similar/comparable templates, I don't think it'd be as much of an issue. But at the same time, I feel like the template choice is as much a design aspect as the work itself: you pick what works best for your style. I'm impartial on this, so long as we go forward with what everyone's ok with.

If there are similar/comparable templates, I don't think it'd be as much of an issue. But at the same time, I feel like the template choice is as much a design aspect as the work itself: you pick what works best for your style. I'm impartial on this, so long as we go forward with what everyone's ok with.

Agreed. If we just want to use a specific template for uniformity, that makes sense so long as they're are different file formats of the same template like lancealot mentioned.

gYH2mW9.png

Ok...? So it starts tomorrow?

Today at 4:30ish, depending on your time zone.

Alright, I figured out what LoGO! #3 will be, it's been inspired by a thread on here, but I won't say which one

...a thread on the entire board? That's one of the most vague things I've ever read. :D

6:30 PM his time, and it narrows it down a lot, I actually made the prompt a little broader to increase the variety of concepts.

dhlJpvy.png
rxzieid.png

Archived