Trail Blazers Floor Concept

illwauk

That's a clever use of staining.

1. Lighten the stain so it's a little more subtle. I don't think you need to worry about it not being noticed. Right now it's bordering on being almost like painted on, even though you can see the grain behind it. I think that teams often want to make their stained patterns or designs super obvious so that everyone knows how clever they are, and it just makes an otherwise great idea look tacky. I think something that's more like a shadow, or even not instantly noticeable but when you see it get's the "whoa that's cool" reaction would be better here - especially since it's so big (which I like a lot) and extends past the 3 point line.

2. Would need to see this with the circle and sponsor / arena logos on it to see how they interfere with the design.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love the concept. What if you had the paneling inside the pinwheel running perpendicular to the rest of the court? That could be a little busy, but it could work well, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived