NFL Re-Design Project: (6/32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers [12-22-2013]

ADW77

Since I've been working on this project in pieces, I'll just share what I do bit by bit instead of trying to get everything done first.

1/32 - Indianapolis Colts

2/32 - Dallas Cowboys

3/32 - Tennessee Titans

4/32 - Houston Texans

5/32 - Atlanta Falcons

6/32 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

So, just a quick reminder of the new uniform rules and guidelines with my re-design/overhaul.

• All teams MUST have a throwback uniform.
  • Each team is allowed to have a fourth uniform as an alternate to the base home and road uniforms.
  • Teams may only wear their throwbacks/alternates a maximum of three times during the season.
  • Every team is required to wear their throwback in a game during November, now titled NFL Heritage Month.
  • All throwbacks must be as historically accurate as possible. (Adjustments due to sleeve length for example are permitted)
  • Each team is limited to three different pants outside of the throwback.

I have gotten rid of the Nike speed machine template/cut and went with a more traditional cut, same with the pants. However, I've kept the mesh insert for the pants as it keeps the stripe on the pants the same width regardless of the size of the individual wearing them.

Indianapolis Colts

Elements

• I created a more modern horseshoe for the logo.
  • I got rid of the royal/dark blue and replace it with a lighter blue. (This shade is lighter than the Lions honolulu blue, but darker than the Panthers carolina blue)
  • I added navy and silver to the color scheme. The gray is just a non-metallic silver.
  • I promoted their 'unofficial' alternate logo to an official mark. (This logo is not used on the uniform anywhere and isn't intended to be)
  • I changed the helmet stripe to a triple stripe pattern, instead of the single since there are more colors now.
  • I got rid of the half sleeve loop design and modified the full loop to the new jersey cut.
  • I've added a pair of both colt blue and silver (the pants are shiny metallic silver, not a flat gray) pants to the set.
  • I've added a navy alternate jersey.
  • I added a striped pair of socks that match the helmet & white pants.
  • The throwback is from 1982-86.

Any of the pants may be worn with any of the jerseys, excluding the throwback combination.

Nike_IND_01.png

Nike_IND_02.png

Nike_IND_03.png

Nike_IND_04.png

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I created a more modern horseshoe for the logo.

By that you mean a logo that would be outdated if it was released today?

I like what you did...but the Colts uniform only needs tweaks. Sidegrade.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

This is a nice set. I like the color scheme and the updated horseshoe logo. The only thing I dislike on this is the gray pants on the alternate. I just don't think they work with the white helmet.

Though in real life, I would be very "meh" on the changes. From a purely concept standpoint, it's well done.

Sorry...BFBS and a cartoony secondary makes this a downgrade. Modernize this one for a great secondary, but not too much. It's pretty awesome as is.

328.gif

There's no black.

Also, the secondary logo is an actual logo used by the Colts, just not in anything other than merchandise and around the stadium.

Someone mentioned the Cowboys, so since I already had them done, just had to move it over to the new template. Here it is.

Dallas Cowboys

Elements

• I created an alternate logo using a cowboy hat. It's not used on any part of the uniform however.
  • I simply changed the facemask from gray to dark blue.
  • I made the sleeves differing color like their 1994 & 2001 Thanksgiving fauxback but instead moved the star down on the sleeves instead of using it as a dividing point.
  • I took the bluish silver and made that the only sliver. I took the dark blue from their 1970's uniforms and that's the only blue.
  • I used the number font from their throwbacks.
  • While the torso numbers have a double outline, the shoulder numbers are solid color because of the small size they've become.
  • I added a pair of both blue and white pants as 'alternate' pairs of pants.
  • I brought the stripes back to the socks.
  • I decided to add a silver alternate jersey, that MAY be worn, but hopefully very rarely.
  • The throwback is from 1960-1963.

Any of the pants & socks can be worn with any of the non-throwback jerseys.

Nike_DAL_01.png

Nike_DAL_02.png

Nike_DAL_03.png

Nike_DAL_04.png

I'm not a big fan of the Colts. I'm plenty open to changes to the logo and even the color scheme, but the logo is a little busy and the navy is used a little too much in the uniforms. Simplify the logo a little (I like the shape) and make navy more of a trim color, and you may have a winner.

The Cowboys look solid. Personally I'm a fan of sleeve stripes on them, but the stars on the sleeves is a solid look as well. And the navy and silver blue were the right color choices.

Looking forward to seeing more!

Colts: I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, but I hate the concept. I'm a big fan of their current look, so I'm really not a fan of adding Navy. It doesn't really go with it for me. The Colts have a simple, great look IMO that doesn't really need to be changed, just cleaned up. I see what you were trying to do, and it just didn't work for me.

Cowboys: As much as I hate to say it, but I actually like silver green. It really distinguishes the 'Boys from the crowd, silver green is something you can immediately identify with Dallas. But I do like the throwbacks, nice work.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I respect what you did but you chose teams that should never be tweaked with. They both should remain just how they are. Wish you would've tackled maybe my Falcons and their hidious uniforms or maybe a team like the Titans.

I'll be doing every team. I've previously done the Jaguars & Ravens as well. However, since I've changed a lot of my template and layout since then, I'm working on tweaking them as well.

As for the Cowboys, they are a disaster and definitely should not be left as they are. 3 silvers, 2 blues and gray to boot. Also jerseys that don't match. It's just a nightmare that needs fixing.

The Colts are decent, but personally the logo is just too simple, at least I believe so. I also don't like the one color thing, again, a personal opinion, so I added navy and lightened the primary blue.

Colts: I'm not trying to sound like a dick here, but I hate the concept. I'm a big fan of their current look, so I'm really not a fan of adding Navy. It doesn't really go with it for me. The Colts have a simple, great look IMO that doesn't really need to be changed, just cleaned up. I see what you were trying to do, and it just didn't work for me.

Cowboys: As much as I hate to say it, but I actually like silver green. It really distinguishes the 'Boys from the crowd, silver green is something you can immediately identify with Dallas. But I do like the throwbacks, nice work.

Exactly. I'd pick that silver if I was to do it just because no one else has anything quite like it.

Sorry...BFBS and a cartoony secondary makes this a downgrade. Modernize this one for a great secondary, but not too much. It's pretty awesome as is.

328.gif

There's no black.

Also, the secondary logo is an actual logo used by the Colts, just not in anything other than merchandise and around the stadium.

Sure looked black on my phone! But it doesn't on the computer monitor so my bad. Still like the old secondary better.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived