NFL Re-Design Project: (6/32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers [12-22-2013]

ADW77

I like the Cowboys one and I like the Colts alt. logo. I do think there is a too much silver though, it would be a nice uniform set for the Lions. I love the Navy blue Alts. for the Colts, other than that, keep up the good work, can't wait to see what you have for Pittsburgh.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've completed the Titans now.

Tennessee Titans

Elements

• I created a new primary logo as I realized the old one now looks dated.
  • I decided to use an old prototype logo as the alternate/helmet logo. This logo looks better than the old flaming ball.
  • I made Titans blue & red the primary colors, leaving the navy still as a secondary/accent color.
  • I slightly modified the 'T' alternate logo and put it on the pants.
  • I changed the helmet stripe to a triple stripe pattern, instead of the tapered one they had.
  • I got rid of the shoulder yoke and instead took inspiration from the current Bills for the sleeve striping.
  • I've added a red alternate jersey and navy pants. I didn't want to do both of one color, I wanted one of each, so this is what I went with.
  • The pants & helmet stripes match, and the sleeve & sock strips match.
  • I modified their current number font into a block format, which I think looks a lot better... and I really like their current font.
  • The throwback is from 1970. (Everyone always does a 1960 iteration, but I wanted to do something different)

Any of the pants and socks may be worn with any of the jerseys, excluding the throwback combination.

Nike_TEN_01.png

Nike_TEN_02.png

Nike_TEN_03.png

Nike_TEN_04.png

I would atleast change the collar, sleeve stripe so its not so close to the bills. I think that you could maybe on the home make the top stripe red and keep the bottom stripe white.

like so:

White/Red/White

Red/White/Red

My Bills concept isn't going to have the same striping pattern, so I think it'll be okay.

Next up is the Texans. This one was pretty simple and easy.

Houston Texans

Elements

• I created an alternate logo inspired by one of the original prototypes.
  • I extended the shoulder striping down to the armpit.
  • I moved the numbers to the shoulders and threw the alternate logo on the sleeves.
  • I changed the number font just a little bit, modifying my custom numbering font similar to their previous iteration.
  • I changed the pants stripe so it tapers down, now matching the shoulders.
  • This is the ONLY team with a 'fauxback'. It's derived from the 1960's Dallas Texans.

Any of the pants & socks may be worn with any of the jerseys, excluding the throwback combination.

Nike_HOU_01.png

Nike_HOU_02.png

Nike_HOU_03.png

Nike_HOU_04.png

I don't get it, you messed with classic teams but kept teams that needed a re-design the same.

Not quite sure what you mean here. The only team that I haven't really given an overhaul to, at least in this thread, is the Texans. The Texans set is great as it is, thus why only minor tweaks.

The Colts needed a makeover, the Titans are severely dated now (this coming from a Titans fan who loved their look for years and five years ago when I started working on this project, wouldn't have changed much, if anything of theirs), the Cowboys needed fixing up very badly, and I'm still not quite done with them, as I've made some minor changes to my design recently.

Let me give you, and everyone else, a bit of a preview.

Almost EVERYTHING is going to get some sort of fixing up, from every team. I am going to give every team an alternate logo of some sort. Going over things right now, the things that aren't going to change are as follows (not including color changes)...

• Cardinals helmet.
  • Bears uniform design/layout.
  • Bengals helmet.
  • Browns uniform design/layout.
  • Packers helmet.
  • Vikings jersey design/layout.
  • Steelers uniform design/layout.

Everything else will have some sort of modification to it, at the very least.

I think these are great so far. That new Titans primary is SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK. Not sold on the secondary though. I see what you did with it, but seeing it by itself and on the helmet I cant help but think it's either a blue dragonball or a flaming bowling ball. The 'T' sword logo would serve just fine as a secondary.

Also, I've always thought the sword logo is great, but the round bit looks out of place. Would look better in the hilt or made to look more like a shield (I think that's the intention isn't it?)

5exu75.jpg2i1dojp.jpg

The Colts, Cowboys, and Titans all look great, although I'm not a fan of your updated Colts logo. For the Texans, I would make the pants stripes match the shoulder stripes (i.e. solid navy on the white and red pants, solid red on the navy pants). I also feel the fauxback is unnecessary and kind of looks like a generic team from a movie, as opposed to an NFL team.

One criticism I have overall is that it seems like you're overusing grey. For instance, the grey pants feel superfluous in your Colts concept since it's barely used throughout the rest of the look (other than the throwback). And while the Oilers did wear grey gear at one point, throwing back to that lesser-known uniform instead of their classic, iconic look feels like another attempt to force the use of grey.

Overall, though, this is a great series so far, keep up the good work!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Colts, Cowboys, and Titans all look great, although I'm not a fan of your updated Colts logo. For the Texans, I would make the pants stripes match the shoulder stripes (i.e. solid navy on the white and red pants, solid red on the navy pants). I also feel the fauxback is unnecessary and kind of looks like a generic team from a movie, as opposed to an NFL team.

One criticism I have overall is that it seems like you're overusing grey. For instance, the grey pants feel superfluous in your Colts concept since it's barely used throughout the rest of the look (other than the throwback). And while the Oilers did wear grey gear at one point, throwing back to that lesser-known uniform instead of their classic, iconic look feels like another attempt to force the use of grey.

Overall, though, this is a great series so far, keep up the good work!

I've actually hardly used gray at all.

In the Colts, only the mane of the secondary logo is gray, the rest of the 'gray' is meant to be silver, not gray.

With the Titans, the only gray is the throwback facemask, the rest of the 'gray' you see is silver.

As for the Texans, an actual throwback would look almost identical to what I changed it to, so that's why there's a fauxback. I was debating between using the Oilers & Texans (Dallas) as inspiration, and I went with the latter.

I also changed the pants striping on the Texans, I didn't like how it didn't match the shoulders, so I did that AND kept the outline.

Archived