Jersey Day in Canada

nash61

Today, November 29, has been designated by CBC to be Jersey Day in Canada.

http://sportsday.cbc.ca/event/70521

What jersey did/will you wear today?

I wore my white Islanders Fisherman jersey while shovelling snow.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I didn't know about this pre-planned thing but I wore my Ducks jersey to school because they're playing the Flames today.

So wait, your a Ducks fan from Calgary? Why?

This was a show that I watched when I was around 2 or 3

and I don't know if back then I knew that it was based on an actual hockey team (unsure because my parents say I could name all the NHL teams when I was 2), but obviously my parents knew, because they are hockey fans and because I have a bunch of Mighty Ducks toddler and kid sized clothing plus some posters, stickers and a flag that are scattered around my house. Which I can only assume they bought because of the show or that I wanted them to buy because I recognized the logo.

It just went from there because I've been a Ducks fan for as long as I can remember. Even though I liked the Flames as well for a couple years back when they went to the Finals in 2004 because I was 8 at the time and everybody else was a Flames fan.

IbjBaeE.png

I didn't know about this pre-planned thing but I wore my Ducks jersey to school because they're playing the Flames today.

and I don't know if back then I knew that it was based on an actual hockey team (unsure because my parents say I could name all the NHL teams when I was 2), but obviously my parents knew, because they are hockey fans and because I have a bunch of Mighty Ducks toddler and kid sized clothing plus some posters, stickers and a flag that are scattered around my house. Which I can only assume they bought because of the show or that I wanted them to buy because I recognized the logo.

It just went from there because I've been a Ducks fan for as long as I can remember. Even though I liked the Flames as well for a couple years back when they went to the Finals in 2004 because I was 8 at the time and everybody else was a Flames fan.

That's cool. The question is, if I'm wearing my LSU purple football jersey, does that count? *lol*

Ah I see, I grew up with the Mighty Ducks movie aswell so I was a ducks fan for a while, I also played for the Timbits Ottawa Senators team for a year, so I was a Sens fan. The next year I played for the Bruins fan so i had a bruins phase before having a sharks phase. I eventually came to my senses and stuck with the Leafs like my Dad. Thanks Dad for all of the years of heartbreak.

The Only thing I do not understand though is I've met so many Habs fans that are from Toronto and so many Leafs fans that are from Montreal. Is It a "I want to be unique" thing?

As for what jersey, Il wear my Leafs jersey tonight for the Leafs game. Everyday is a jersey day.

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

I got my entire school involved in it. Lots of Oilers jerseys (and suprising seeing the amount of fake jerseys)... however I was the lone wolf with the 1982 Canucks yellow jersey. I loned my 2001 alternate Canucks jersey to another teacher and I also wore the current away jersey. All in all was a good fun day and even had the principal involved in it.

Teal-and-purple Manitoba Moose jersey from their IHL days.

HERE COMES THE MIGHTY DUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

BURNING UP THE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE MIGHTY DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Oh goody I remember watching this too. Wasn't their spaceship/airplane launched from underneath centre ice?

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Lol. I was about to ask why you had school the day after Thanksgiving, but then I remembered y'all are Canadians.

Heh, that's the difference tween us, you have thanksgiving and a four day weekend in November. We have a day to wear hockey sweaters.

Teal-and-purple Manitoba Moose jersey from their IHL days.

HERE COMES THE MIGHTY DUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

BURNING UP THE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE MIGHTY DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

Oh goody I remember watching this too. Wasn't their spaceship/airplane launched from underneath centre ice?

That it did

IbjBaeE.png

Lol. I was about to ask why you had school the day after Thanksgiving, but then I remembered y'all are Canadians.

We already did the Thanksgiving thing last month. Just without the carnage the day after.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If I knew about this(HOW DID I NOT) I would've worn my Oilers dynasty jersey, seeing as I already wore my Flying V to school for retro day.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived