tbdaniel15's American Football Association Concepts

tbdaniel15

To get the most out of NCAA Football's Teambuilder feature, I decided to make up a league of 12 teams to use in the game, fully designed with team logos and uniforms. There are a few professional teams that I used some aspects of their design to help create my own, however. I plan on posting 2 teams per week on here because I am still working on and tweaking some of the uniform designs. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Teams

Belmont Gladiators

Oaktown Lions

Hartford Hurricanes

Hillview Spartans

Marshall City Pirates

Jonesboro Eagles

Stanton Blue

Richmond Stampede

Jackson Heights Panthers

Greenville Storm

Alcoma Rangers

Berkeley Timbers

AFA-Information-Page.jpg

May we know where these towns are? The only ones I recognize are Berkeley, Hartford, Richmond, and maybe Greenville. Yours might not even be the ones I'm thinking of right now (Berkeley, CA; Hartford, CT; Richmond, VA; Greenville, SC)

Other than that, I can't wait to see what you have coming!

May we know where these towns are? The only ones I recognize are Berkeley, Hartford, Richmond, and maybe Greenville. Yours might not even be the ones I'm thinking of right now (Berkeley, CA; Hartford, CT; Richmond, VA; Greenville, SC)

Most of them are just random. Jonesboro, AR; Alcoma, VA. Not any particular associations between location and mascot. Just random combinations for fun!

Most of them are just random. Jonesboro, AR; Alcoma, VA. Not any particular associations between location and mascot. Just random combinations for fun!

Well this should be pretty unique, then! All the teams here are somewhat like the Packers in being small-town major league teams... (this is major league, right?)

Well this should be pretty unique, then! All the teams here are somewhat like the Packers in being small-town major league teams... (this is major league, right?)

Correct! I love small-town teams. They seem to have to most dedicated fans and best stadium atmosphere in my opinion.

Up next we have the Jonesboro Eagles

Record: 2-10

Missed the Playoffs

Rivals: Marshall City

Jonesboro-Eagles.jpg

HOME

Home.jpg

AWAY

Away.jpg

ALTERNATE HOME 1

Home-3.jpg

ALTERNATE HOME 2

Home-2.jpg

ALTERNATE AWAY 1

Away-2.jpg

ALTERNATE AWAY 2

Away-3.jpg

Although they may play poorly on the field, they look good doing it. The Eagles go with the tradition wings on the helmet look, but with a simplified and more edgy feel. Both the black and the white helmets showcase a matte finish, with the feathers on each side glazed with a gloss finish to stand out. the feathers are also subtly placed on the jersey sleeves. A simple but modern design goes a long way for these sleek uniforms.

Stanton Blue

Record: 10-2

Won 2013 Mega Bowl

Rivals: Richmond, Jackson Heights

Stanton-Blue.jpg

Home.jpg

Away.jpg

Home-Alternate.jpg

Stanton takes on the same demeanor as Alabama, with traditional uniforms proving to play out well on the field. With 2 Mega Bowl Championships in the 3-year existence of the AFA, the Blue are a consistent winning program with a solid, basic design to back them up on the field. The logo offers a lot noise to give some color to the whole set, but is left off the uniform to remain loyal to the traditional aesthetics. To give a modern twist to their simple design, Stanton added a home alternate set to be worn just one or two times throughout the season. The black base and blue accent gives an appealing shift to the traditional stripes. The Blue tradition of winning hopes to remain as consistent as their uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Greenville Storm

Record: 7-5

Lost in Western Division Semi Final Game

Rivals: Alcoma

Greenville-Storm.jpg

Home.jpg

Home-2.jpg

Away.jpg

Away-2.jpg

Greenville is always a team with a lot of promise that usually fails to deliver anything significant. Their color scheme could call for a lot of overused detail, but instead uses the bright teal to simply highlight the rich black and grey, and vise versa. The Storm stick to just one helmet, featuring a glossy finish with a grey to black gradient fade and a thick teal stripe running the length of the helmet. Greenville's uniforms clash modern and traditional style in a simple way that creates a slick appearance on the field. Go Storm.

Greenville Storm

Record: 7-5

Lost in Western Division Semi Final Game

Rivals: Alcoma

Greenville-Storm.jpg

Home.jpg

Home-2.jpg

Away.jpg

Away-2.jpg

Greenville is always a team with a lot of promise that usually fails to deliver anything significant. Their color scheme could call for a lot of overused detail, but instead uses the bright teal to simply highlight the rich black and grey, and vise versa. The Storm stick to just one helmet, featuring a glossy finish with a grey to black gradient fade and a thick teal stripe running the length of the helmet. Greenville's uniforms clash modern and traditional style in a simple way that creates a slick appearance on the field. Go Storm.

Whoa......

Archived