Charlotte Hornets 2.0

Bravo96

As you may know, I'm a huge Charlotte sports fan. And as a proud fan of the Bobcats-soon-to-be-Hornets, I've whipped up a few concepts with my extremely limited software. As of right now, I'm using the applications "Paintbrush" (a crappier version of MS Paint for Mac), an expired free trial of "Acorn" (complete with progress-impeding watermark), and "Art Text" from the Mac App Store. So all that I ask you do when critiquing these designs is keep that in mind. I also found a cleaned-up version of Hugo the Hornet somewhere on Google images that I used for part of my logo. My apologies to the original owner, but I cannot remember where it came from exactly. To finish out, I'd like to say that I prefer more teal than this; however, the Bobcats rebrand is heavy on Purple with Teal as more of a secondary color, and they are promoting the Twitter hashtag "#PurpleAndTeal". All this leads me to the conclusion that Purple will be primary, Teal secondary, with the Cool Gray, Black, and Light Blue all being tertiary. I tried my best to include those factors into these concepts but also created a Teal alt. Enjoy! Don't forget to C&C please!

The 2014 Charlotte Hornets Logo

HornetsPreziLogo.png

A bit of old, a bit of new. The aforementioned cleaned up Hugo with a revised wordmark using the font from the uniforms. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The 2014 Charlotte Hornets Uniforms

Home:

HornetsPreziHome.png

Taking into account that Purple is the primary, and that light blue will most likely be used as stripes, this is what I came up with.

Away:

HornetsPreziAway.png

Keeping with the Purple primary theme. Moving along...

Alt 1:

HornetsPreziAlt.png

I can dream, can't I?

Alt 2:

HornetsPreziBlackout.png

Because black is the new black. (and black is a tertiary)

So, not BFBS. Ha.

Alt 3:

HornetsPreziSleevedBuzzCity.png

It was truly painful for me to post and make these, but put your knives down and hear me out. I plan on this being a good team in 2 - 3 years, and if good teams are still getting sleeves (doubt it) then I'd love something like this. Believe it or not, the whole "Buzz City" thing has really taken off in Charlotte. This could serve as the "city pride" and sleeve alternate in one.

That about wraps up this unveiling. Please let me know what you think below!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Seeing as you're a Hornets fan...no pinstripes?

Other than that, good job! I guess this plus pinstripes is probably what Jordan will pull out on us.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

Seeing as you're a Hornets fan...no pinstripes?

Other than that, good job! I guess this plus pinstripes is probably what Jordan will pull out on us.

The pinstripes are in the side panels I believe.

I guess.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

They look beautiful. Want.

Oh, hey, It's Conrad's concept. Good job Conrad.

97uyh0.jpg

And my Rate Your Music

The conrad burry ones are a joke. Too much like the original. In fact i think they are

Nah, they're more like the 1997 update which added the unneccesary side panels & double pinstripes - 90% identical, really.

Archived