App. State WTF

tron1013

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R.I.P. To probably the best head logo in the state. It'd be okay if they didn't just abandon the now old branding and kinda used this as a secondary, but this may be the worst college branding decision this year.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

For those that don't know, the logo first debuted in 1971 and lasted to about 1981. The original version from the 1970's in my opinion looks better than this newer redrawn version the came out last year for the throwback deal. Also the original logo was just one color (black) and the skin was empty negative space.

I'm in the minority, but I love it! I'm imagining it on a hat or t shirt. I'm a sucker for 2d cartoon logos though

I have a hat, polo, t-shirt, and 1/4-zip pull over of this old logo. It looks much better than Gordon's Fisherman on clothes.

However, I prefer to wear the Block-A, and wished they would clean Vintage Yosef up and maybe a slight cleanup of the Block-A.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Sometimes I look at the Youth Marks and wonder if they're actually better:

AppalachianStateU_YMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB

AppalachianStateU_YMK0400a_2013_SCC_SRGB

AppalachianStateU_YMK0600a_2013_SCC_SRGB

These logos would work perfectly as cereal box mascots, for some reason. I wonder what type of cereal does this smiling guy endorse.

Crispix

Archived