2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

Spain needs to bring on some players who haven't participated in these awful three halves of Spanish football. I say Fàbregas for Alonso and Villa for Costa, and if I were Del Bosque, I wouldn't waste any time and bring them on at the half.

Honestly though, I don't see any way that Spain wins this match the way they've played this month. Best case scenario for Spain, they pull rabbits out of their rear ends and the match ends in a 2-2 draw.

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Spain's run is over... 6 years on top of international football is a hell of a run.

Assuming Chile holds on, the Netherlands-Chile match should be interesting and fun to watch because the loser will (likely) have to play Brazil. What a storyline it would be if the Dutch (who knocked Brazil out last time) would play Brazil in the second round.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

It's looking like the era of Tiki Taka is now going to be over...six years of dominance is coming to an end.

To be fair they have not really played the Tiki Taka like they did. Using Costa upfront has changed how they play. Or more to the point the other teams have not allowed them to play it.

glory10.png

I'm not really versed in my World Cup history.

How many times has the World Cup champion failed to get out of the group stage the next time around? This makes it two straight in which that happened.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm not really versed in my World Cup history.

How many times has the World Cup champion failed to get out of the group stage the next time around? This makes it two straight in which that happened.

France scored 0 goals in group stage in 2002 and didn't advance.

PvO6ZWJ.png

First time in World Cup History a defending champion has been eliminated in the group stage with one game left to play.

Also, the first time a defending champion was the first team eliminated from the tournament.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Also, the first time a defending champion was the first team eliminated from the tournament.

Second team. Australia were the first team today to be eliminated.

glory10.png

Archived