2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

As for the Golden Ball Award, I put my vote toward Kroos as he has had a hell of a tournament in the midfield for Germany being the midfield general that he needs to be. As for the Golden Glove Award, I will vote toward Navas just ahead of Neuer as Navas was a stalwart getting Costa Rica to the Quarterfinals...great accomplishment. With a good season and standout World Cup, Navas will most likely be going to Bayern Munich this summer if reports are true. Neuer has had some huge saves in the tournament (USA in group stage, France in QF, second half v Brazil). For you Young Player Award, Paul Pogba (FRA), Raphael Varane (FRA) and Memphis Depay (NED), I will have to put my vote toward Juventus' Paul Pogba. This player's talent has been blossoming all 2013/14 season and the World Cup has made him come out as one of the top young players in Europe. Here's hoping Juventus can hold on to him and not let Mourinho and company get their hands on him this summer (he was spotted at Stamford Bridge earlier this week)

Here are the kits for both Germany and Argentina, with World Cup Final commemorative stitching. Both are being sold on www.worldsoccershop.com

2mfh1l.jpgo7vhc8.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the Golden Ball Award, I put my vote toward Kroos as he has had a hell of a tournament in the midfield for Germany being the midfield general that he needs to be. As for the Golden Glove Award, I will vote toward Navas just ahead of Neuer as Navas was a stalwart getting Costa Rica to the Quarterfinals...great accomplishment. With a good season and standout World Cup, Navas will most likely be going to Bayern Munich this summer if reports are true. Neuer has had some huge saves in the tournament (USA in group stage, France in QF, second half v Brazil). For you Young Player Award, Paul Pogba (FRA), Raphael Varane (FRA) and Memphis Depay (NED), I will have to put my vote toward Juventus' Paul Pogba. This player's talent has been blossoming all 2013/14 season and the World Cup has made him come out as one of the top young players in Europe. Here's hoping Juventus can hold on to him and not let Mourinho and company get their hands on him this summer (he was spotted at Stamford Bridge earlier this week)

Don't forget Origi when talking about contention for the Young Player Award

Italian official Nicola Rizzoli will be in charge of the Germany-Argentina Final on Sunday. He will be assisted by compatriots Renato Faverani and Andrea Stefani, while Ecuadorian Carlos Vera will be the fourth official. He'll be the third Italian to officiate a World Cup Final. BBC Football / FIFA.com

So the Brazilians really don't appear to have learned their lesson. Just over quarter of an hour in and they're already 2-0 down and lucky not to have had Thiago Silva sent off.

In related news how the hell where Chelsea able to convince PSG to give them £50million for David Luiz???

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

17 minutes in and Brazil is already down 2-0. This is going to be a long night.

Plus, they butchered a Thiago Silva red card call.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

But let's hope with Neymar Jr on the bench in his kit will be enough of a motivation.

I still don't know how Thiago Silva stayed on the pitch with that foul in the first 3 minutes of the match. He was the last man back and stopped a definite goal scoring opportunity. That was proven on the replay and goes against Laws of the Game. (qualified referee)

But let's hope with Neymar Jr on the bench in his kit will be enough of a motivation.

I still don't know how Thiago Silva stayed on the pitch with that foul in the first 3 minutes of the match. He was the last man back and stopped a definite goal scoring opportunity. That was proven on the replay and goes against Laws of the Game. (qualified referee)

his kit seemed to be enough motivation against Germany

Doesn't Brazil's exit remind you of the US Hockey team at Sochi- high hopes, but crash in the semis and burn in the third place game?

They went reverse- while Sochi saw "close score, but outplayed by a lot" and than "thrashing," they went the opposite.

Going in I thought Brazil would stumble as the tournament got to the semifinals. They seemed a little overrated and inexperienced. Come Russia 2018 they better be singing a different tune.

Final prediction:

Germany 1, Argentina 0 (Extra Time)

Exact same thing I thought.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived