Fixing The NFL My Way (Final album added)

Djruggs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think you're going a bit too far traditional on some of these uniforms, but it doesn't make them bad... just safe. Most of these are excellent though, I'll give you that. The Falcons concept is probably my favorite post in this thread so far.

I do love pretty traditional uniforms, but I always try to make it a mix of traditional and modern.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. He brought orange back!!! He's a saint!

...although the aquarium logo remains. ._.

Just wait! I have some alternates coming after I finish the rest of the league.

Bills - Simple,emphasis on blue. It works. I feel like they have to do something different than that current logo. It just screams 1980s to me, but that's a different project for a different time.

Dolphins - I'm glad to see a shade of orange that pops again. The number font is good.

Jets - That's a really interesting shade of green. It's a drab color like something you would see in the military. It's subdued and kind of cool.

Patriots - If the Bills are going to showcase blue, the Patriots have to go back to a red home jersey and should anyway. My ideal set is red home jersey, white pants, white flying Elvis helmet, white facemask, but that's me.

mainescarf.png

At first, I thought the Jets were the Raiders and I even knew this was the AFC East.

The color is just throwing me off for some reason.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

One thing that I am noticing is that many of your teams use pants with a triple-stripe pattern. In the last three divisions 9 of the 12 teams have the same pants striping (although you did add some piping to the Jags). Two others (the Jets and the Colts) have double striping which looks quite similar to the triple striping. I would love to see more variety.

award%20sig.png

I do agree with comments about things being a little too traditional. I'm all for a traditional look. I think the Giants and Jets look perfect as they do now. However, there are a number of teams that are essentially plain jerseys with possibly a stripe on the sleeve, and that feels too plain. It's one thing when the TV numbers are up on the top of the shoulder, but when they're not, it looks so empty. You could use some more over the shoulder striping. This is especially striking with teams like the Panthers and Jaguars, who are modern expansions wearing almost 40's uniforms. The 90's color schemes just look kinda odd with so traditional uniforms.

Other small nitpicks:

-Rams missing swirl on shoulders

-Why are the Colts' stripes so steeply angled?

-The Jets green seems to be off (explaining people mistaking it for the Raiders). It looks too unsaturated, almost like an army uniform.

-I love lime for the Seahawks, but more as an accent. Those pants are a bit too much for me. XD

-Redskins need gold pants at home.

Can't wait to see the rest! Intrigued at how the Broncos are gonna come out.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I intentionally left these out as a way to keep it classic with a modernized feel.

-Why are the Colts' stripes so steeply angled?

Almost a throwback feel, they used to go under the sleeves.

-The Jets green seems to be off (explaining people mistaking it for the Raiders). It looks too unsaturated, almost like an army uniform.

It looked much brighter in photoshop, I will be sure to fix that.

-I love lime for the Seahawks, but more as an accent. Those pants are a bit too much for me. XD

That is why I changed the pants to blue.

I hate those yellow pants!

Guest darkpiranha

Great stuff top to bottom. I hope you do an alt for each team. I'd like to see what you could do going completely outside of the box.

Only suggestion I have for all of these is I wonder what Tampa Bay would look like with Oregon State's orange. I normally can't stand orange in unis, but that OSU orange really pops. I think it could be an effective middle ground between the creamsicle and their current red.

I intentionally left these out as a way to keep it classic with a modernized feel.

I can see that. The filled in outer shoulder panel just looks weird to me.

That is why I changed the pants to blue.

Hehe, so you did. Sorry, kinda kept getting distracted while planning this out and forgot about that. I wish the home navy had contrasting white pants rather than the navy. This "Pajama Effect" that is talked about on this board almost as much as BFBS and the Hornets-Jazz-Timberwolves-Lakers-Bobcats name change chain is my only gripe with their current set.

I hate those yellow pants!

Aww, but the maroon-gold contrast looks so goooooooooood. Eh, then again given what I said about the lime pants I can see you having a similar issue with this.

I told you they were nitpicks. XD But the fact that my criticisms on a lot of these things are so small is really a testament to how well you did with a lot of these. Some, such as Green Bay, San Francisco, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland are weep-inducingly perfect.

Thanks for answering. ^_^

P.S.- You don't have to do it if you disagree/it's too much, but I'd be interested in seeing how the modern wing looks on the classic Philadelphia uniform.

spacer.png

spacer.png

P.S.- You don't have to do it if you disagree/it's too much, but I'd be interested in seeing how the modern wing looks on the classic Philadelphia uniform.

I agree. The current wings look kind of like a blob on the helmet instead of wings, but I realize it might just be the angle. I think an outline would improve its look.

award%20sig.png

Archived