TruColor

PANTONE 2014 Color of the Year

A year of a shade of purple, huh? Cool.

Interesting. I was a big fan of emerald last year, not too sure about this year's.

It's really fun to watch department stores load up on this color in various garments right around New Years.

I've enjoyed the Tangerine and Emerald of the past 2 years, but i don't like the non-versatility of this orchid color.

Agreed - I predicted good things for the Cosmos when emerald was announced as 2013's color, and they won their league. But we can't have as much fun with this one.

We finished the Spurs Paint Trinity and it looks like we're going to start the Grandma's Hand Towels saga.

Can someone please explain to me what the color of the year is and why it is important?

Can someone please explain to me what the color of the year is and why it is important?

Here's a recent article from CNN about what the color of the year process entails:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/13/tech/web/apparently-this-matters-pantone-radiant-orchid-color-of-the-year/

I would recommend reading the whole article, because it's a bit humorous along with being informational.

Actually very cool award for PANTONE. I am not into Pink (Orchid) and have not use for it - but WoW - nice to see one of the boys recognized for what they do and PANTONE is the best! (I am not being sarcastic).