Dream Conference Thread

jlog3000

Just saw some thread from a different forum, and I was wondering if I can spread it here.

About this thread, it is for all of you who have an idea about how some athletic conferences (D-I FBS, D-I FCS, D-II, D-III) should be. If YOU were a staff member of the NCAA, would you want many conferences will at least 12 teams each? If so, this is the thread for you! :)

Keep in mind that this is NOT a realignment thread, it's only to show ideas of how the realignment would look like, but for fun.

For example, how about a revival of the Metro Conference (but as a football-sponsoring all-sports league)?

Version A: North/South:

Metro North:

Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
UNC-Charlotte
South Carolina
Virginia Tech

Metro South:

Florida State
Georgia Tech
Southern Mississippi
South Florida
Tulane
UAB

Version B: East/West:

Metro East:

Florida State
Georgia Tech
UNC-Charlotte
South Carolina
South Florida
Virginia Tech

Metro West:

Cincinnati
Louisville
Memphis
Southern Mississippi
Tulane
UAB

Summary: This fan-based dream conference is based on like MOST of the old union of C-USA back in 95-96 (Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, Southern Mississippi and Tulane), but with Florida State, Georgia Tech and South Carolina (from the ACC and SEC respectively), UAB, South Florida and UNC-Charlotte once former non-football schools who were also part of that old union and eventually started sponsoring football, and Virginia Tech a former football affiliate of an FBS conference while belonging to a non-football conference for other sports.

Lemme know yours by posting here.

J-LOG

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Keep in mind that this is NOT a realignment thread, it's only to show ideas of how the realignment would look like, but for fun.

That is the most ridiculously contradicting statement. "It's not a realignment thread, but a thread to show how a realignment would look"? And the "for fun" is exactly the type of realignment that the thread at the top of the page was created for.

That is the most ridiculously contradicting statement. "It's not a realignment thread, but a thread to show how a realignment would look"? And the "for fun" is exactly the type of realignment that the thread at the top of the page was created for.

Huh? I didn't mean to make things worse. I thought of creating this thread would be worth it so I don't have to put some "dream conference" posts on the real "conference realignment" threads on this forum.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Everything in that thread is a dream conference. If it's not actually in use, it's a dream

Could you post me the link of that thread? Because I tried searching for it and it appeared nothing.

It's the very first thread, pinned at the top of the page.

Ok. Thanks. And seriously, I didn't notice until now. So I suppose that I have to post my 1st post on that thread, right?

Archived