Personal Logo Design

robbman21

I recently had a chance to design a personal logo for Raph (pronounced "Raif") Rhymes, a Tigers minor league prospect and the SEC Player of the Year for LSU in 2012, and I wanted to share it here with you all. Raph is in the process of starting a business during his off-seasons giving batting instructions to local ball players, and since I'd done some work for his family before I got the task of creating advertising that's to go up around the area promoting his new venture, as well as a personal logo to go on t-shirts, caps, etc. Since this was done through the company I work for and not one of my freelance jobs, I was under the time and turnaround constraints of Signs Now, so I wasn't able to put a whole lot of time into either the logo or the poster layout as I'd wanted to, but he and his family are really happy with the results, which made me curious to get your thoughts here as well. The "RR IV" logo incorporates the fact that he is both Raph Rhymes IVth and wore #4 before getting drafting into pro baseball. It was important for me to do something that could be reproduced in only 1 color for printing and embroidery purposes since more than one color means higher pricing for getting things like tees and caps produced. I think the one they picked was clearly the best one of the 4 options I gave (a rarity, since it seems most clients pick the one you feel least great about), and I included both the final poster ad as well as the options that they were given for comparison. Comments, critique, and thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

RRlogos_zps9355f274.jpg

RaphPoster1_zps6a51e04a.jpg

98Falcons.png

This guy seems really arrogant if he needs a personal logo. lol

nice helpful comment on the design work! Congrats on wasting a post!

I like the work man, I like how the RR flows and the numerals really work well. I love the work myself.

spacer.png

nice helpful comment on the design work! Congrats on wasting a post!

I like the work man, I like how the RR flows and the numerals really work well. I love the work myself.

Thanks a lot man, much appreciated!

And to add one more thing on the personal logo note: Several designers right here on the boards - myself included - have our own personal logos as a way of branding our work...nothing really arrogant about that at all (at least in my mind anyways).

98Falcons.png

Are you that dense? He's getting a logo advertising a business, not just for the hell of it. He's giving hitting instructions to people to try and make money, not to have a personal logo to show off.

spacer.png

Archived