Holland Hockey Jersey: Equipment Problem

Jake88

Hello, I've been making a few IIHF (random countries pretty much) and decided to do the Netherlands, aka Holland. Well I took inspiration from their other sport teams and used only orange and white. With that comes a major problem, the equipment.

Orange: The pants, gloves and helmet would be way too bright, especially with the orange jersey.

Black: Though the contrast would contrast would work, the jerseys have no black in them.

Now the other sports teams wear white pants to balance the jersey, but white pants with a hockey jersey look horrible!

These are the jerseys that I plan to use with the concept are below, thanks for all the help!

Netherlands+Jersey+Concept.png

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I'm an execution goon. Sorry that I won't have a suggestion for your problem. You have the 2 middle stripes going down the chest, and you have it going to the back of the jersey a tad. On the front view of both, you try to show that small back part, but it should be on the right side, not left.

Would it really look out of place to have an all black helmet and all black shorts and then socks to match the jerseys? (white helmet on the away)

I am definitely no hockey aesthetic but going the complete other direction may work - and if not is worth a try I guess.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

If you're taking colour inspiration from other Dutch national sides, the football team have used black as a trim and as the main colour on shorts on many occasions over the years. I think it's a nice combination, personally.

Archived