ORIGINAL (not copied) High School logos

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My high school had an original logo, but they are now transitioning to the old Seattle Mariners upside-down trident. School colors are staying the same though, so on the baseball hats, it's yellow on green.

Funny story, when changing, someone mistook the Arizona State pitchfork for the Mariners trident, so until it was pointed out to them, the football helmets featured the ASU pitchfork in place of the trident.

• 1 year later...
On 3/27/2015 at 9:38 AM, WavePunter said:

one thing that has always bugged me (and many of these logos are guilty of it) is when a team uses a picture of it's mascot/nickname with letters/text that represent the mascot/nickname rather than the school/town name.. an example would be the "wolves" logo that has a wolf head and text that says "WOLVES".. we can already tell by the picture that you're the wolves, so the text should be the town/school name.. i also don't like it when teams use initals of the mascot as a logo or major part of a logo.. the initial letters and/or text should always be for the place (since that's usually tough to depict with a mascot/logo), and the nickname/mascot should be depicted in the mascot/logo.. sometimes you can pull both off with the same image (i.e. KC Chiefs - arrowhead symbolizes "chiefs" while KC are the initals of the city), but i just dont understand why some of the teams fail to see that.. to me, that's one of the dead giveaways for stock-art logos or clip-art logos.. look in any athletic gear catalog, and you'll see several logos that reiterate themselves with text of the mascot pictured in the logo.

Like the former logo of the school i graduated from, Reeds Spring High School in missouri.Wolves-Reeds-Spring.gif

sms.gif

Stillwater, Minnesota's Stillwater Area High School, where I go, uses the Ponies. The logo was created by a student in 1971, and has been used since.

63669_xcrfo2rx9eohth50xavo_60.jpg

It was recently updated a few years ago...

37744-Stillwater_MN.jpg

It's weird walking around seeing the 2 versions used simultaneously. I feel like none of the other students even knew there was a change.

da0Lbhs.png

There are a ton in Minnesota, here are some of my favorite/most iconic original high school logos in the state.

Northfield Raiders (This is the best image of the logo I could find)

Related image

Ely Timberwolves

Image result for ely timberwolves high school logo

Moorhead Spuds

Related image

Cloquet Lumberjacks

Image result for cloquet lumberjacks logo

Grand Rapids Thunderhawks (this was just updated a couple years ago)

Image result for grand rapids high school logo

Eveleth Golden Bears

Image result for eveleth high school logo

Warroad Warriors

Image result for warroad high school logo

Roseau Rams

Related image

Mahtomedi Zephyrs

Related image

Minneapolis Roosevelt Teddies

No photo description available.

Minneapolis Washburn Millers

Related image

And of course... the Blooming Prairie Awesome Blossoms

Image result for blooming prairie high school logo

I had the pleasure of working with the great people of Tabor Academy which is located in Marion, Massachusetts to bring their vision to life.  The NEW logos were just unveiled yesterday and will primarily be used by the school athletics departments replacing the previously used clipart logo seen below along with new marks. 

https://www.taboracademy.org/page/news-detail?pk=1229896&fromId=187922

PREVIOUS LOGO:

Uo4XLxs.png

NEW PRIMARY ATHLETIC MARK: 

VGQLxRA.jpg

NEW SECONDARY ATHLETIC MARK:

xaqEPsD.jpg

21 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Stillwater, Minnesota's Stillwater Area High School, where I go, uses the Ponies. The logo was created by a student in 1971, and has been used since.

63669_xcrfo2rx9eohth50xavo_60.jpg

It was recently updated a few years ago...

37744-Stillwater_MN.jpg

It's weird walking around seeing the 2 versions used simultaneously. I feel like none of the other students even knew there was a change.

Nice update, the S no longer looks like a snake.  Overall a nice logo, pretty creative.

90758391980.gif

Archived