NASCAR 2014: Cars

Davidellias

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having a couple of days to think on it, i've decided i have no problem with Childress/Dillon continuing to race a #3 car. it is the RCR number. but i dont like that they are using Earnhardt's style. lets not kid ourselves, you look at that number and there is only one person that comes to mind. it is as good as Earnhardt's logo, because to a driver, a number is his identity. with all the black and the same style/font, it feels like they are not honoring Dale, Dillon isnt the person to do that, but are cashing in on his brand.

would be interesting to hear Kevin Harvicks opinion on this

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Its not the same font. Its close. But its different.

243325071.jpg?1297985378

No its not the exact same. But cmon man, you know whats up. You're not going to look at Dillon's number and say it's not Earnhardt's
It would also help if he used the number from the same side of the car so they were angled the same, the top of the number is always more forward than the bottom on the car

243325071.jpg?1297985378

No its not the exact same. But cmon man, you know whats up. You're not going to look at Dillon's number and say it's not Earnhardt's

I know its similar. And I don't find it disrespectful that they are using. If Dale Earnhardt were alive and happened to retire in 2003, someone else would have been driving a black #3 car. The same way Brad Keselowski drives the blue #2 car that people remember Rusty Wallace driving.

iq5b7nF.png

Well here is one thing. The Toronto Maple Leafs have only retired two numbers. 6 and 5. These numbers were retired because the guys wearing those numbers (Barilko and Bailey) died as a member of the maple leafs. It was a way of honouring them. I am not saying that the 3 should not be used because Sr. is not only one of the greatest racers in history but because he died while racing the number 3 car. It should be retired as a sign of respect. IMO

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

243325071.jpg?1297985378

I know its similar. And I don't find it disrespectful that they are using. If Dale Earnhardt were alive and happened to retire in 2003, someone else would have been driving a black #3 car. The same way Brad Keselowski drives the blue #2 car that people remember Rusty Wallace driving.

Same goes for about the most famous number in NASCAR....43. Still racing to this day, and same font none the less.

43_Almirola.jpg

^look here v

Well here is one thing. The Toronto Maple Leafs have only retired two numbers. 6 and 5. These numbers were retired because the guys wearing those numbers (Barilko and Bailey) died as a member of the maple leafs. It was a way of honouring them. I am not saying that the 3 should not be used because Sr. is not only one of the greatest racers in history but because he died while racing the number 3 car. It should be retired as a sign of respect. IMO

Using that reasoning, the #7 should also be retired. Alan Kulwicki was the defending/reigning Cup champion in 1993 when he died before the Bristol spring race, and there's no one calling for that number to be retired.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Using that reasoning, the #7 should also be retired. Alan Kulwicki was the defending/reigning Cup champion in 1993 when he died before the Bristol spring race, and there's no one calling for that number to be retired.

He didn't die in the car, it was a freak helicopter accident, also Earnhardt has a much bigger legacy than kulwicki

He didn't die in the car, it was a freak helicopter accident, also Earnhardt has a much bigger legacy than kulwicki

Neither of the Maple Leaf players died while IN uniform, but as members of the team. That's where my statement came from.

NASCAR won't retire numbers.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived