NASCAR 2014: Cars

Davidellias

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BK Racing has switched the 93 to the 23 as Dr. Pepper will sponsor Alex Bowman for the whole season:

23drpepper-layout.jpg

This seemed like a no-brainer. I don't know why they didn't do this sooner. Both the 83 & 93 had Dr. Pepper as a Sponsor at one time or another last season. This car will be maroon for day races and silver (most likely Dr. Pepper Ten) for night races.

Is this an official graphic??

Because that stripe is on the wrong side on the rear view. It should be on the left side of center....

Im confused, the 93 still exists as of now, and Jayski doesnt list a 23 car

93_Shepherd.jpg

BK Racing has switched the 93 to the 23 as Dr. Pepper will sponsor Alex Bowman for the whole season:

23drpepper-layout.jpg

This seemed like a no-brainer. I don't know why they didn't do this sooner. Both the 83 & 93 had Dr. Pepper as a Sponsor at one time or another last season. This car will be maroon for day races and silver (most likely Dr. Pepper Ten) for night races.

Is this an official graphic??

Because that stripe is on the wrong side on the rear view. It should be on the left side of center....

Im confused, the 93 still exists as of now, and Jayski doesnt list a 23 car

93_Shepherd.jpg

Morgan leased (?) a car for speedweeks so he could race this one race. The 93's points from last season carried over to the 23.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I read this thread and it reminded me of my youth watching Jeff Gordon and his cars. Then I got the urge to want to design a car, started thinking about how a long time ago I had a Nascar game on my ps2. Looked it up to see what all is out and Nascar the Game 2014 is going to be released in a couple weeks. Im excited again, Thank you Nascar Thread for bringing out the kid in me. I need to get back into Nascar....

If the new NASCAR game is anything like the most recent, it'll be frustratingly difficult to create a car -- it's do-able, though with patience. You have to use a bunch of basic shapes to create whatever logos and designs aren't in the game.

NASCAR the Game 2011 was the last game I had that you could create cars. It was more user-friendly then the create-a-car during the EA Sports series of NASCAR games at least.[/quote

If u can find a copy of NASCAR racing 2003 season for pc that's the best way to make a car!!

Yeah the PC ones were always good. One I had you could do it all in photoshop and import it back into the game. Those games are expensive now since they're obviously not made anymore -- if you find one on ebay, it's likely to cost quite a bit.

I was able to make some pretty nice cars in the last NASCAR game but all too often the time I put into it amounted to nothing. Also, you couldn't play with created cars in a season. It would've been nice if, as you got new sponsors, you could design your own cars, but they were predesigned. You could play with custom cars online, but they don't always load, so to your opponents it looks like you're racing a car that's just one color with a stock looking number.

Yea but the PC game( I'm lucky to have gotten back in the day for 10 bucks) don't have a career mode just a season. But MAN can u mod the living heck outta that! Even tracks!!

I have the 2004 version on PC. My son loves to play it.

I started modding cars back on the ORIGINAL NASCAR game for PC by Papyrus in 1994!

586245-papyrus_008.jpg

586247-papyrus_010.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/history-of-papyrus-racing-games/1100-6103365/

Wow! That brings me back! I remember playing Nascar '98 a ton as well.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

I wonder when people are gonna realize that the 33 is the same font as the 3 just skinnier to fit on the side of the car? Childress used the same font for all of his cars.

EDIT: Also, if the sponsor was something like Ragu that has no black in its color scheme, then there wouldn't have been a black-and-red 3. Just a case of using the company colors on the car

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I wonder when people are gonna realize that the 33 is the same font as the 3 just skinnier to fit on the side of the car? Childress used the same font for all of his cars.

EDIT: Also, if the sponsor was something like Ragu that has no black in its color scheme, then there wouldn't have been a black-and-red 3. Just a case of using the company colors on the car

they could have had the color of the car be red, or white, it didn't have to be black, it was obviously done that way to look like dales old car

It frustrates me that teams use so many different paint schemes throughout the course of a season. In the 90s, when you saw the Kellogg's car, you knew Terry Labonte was behind the wheel. When you saw the Valvoline car, Mark Martin was driving. The Interstate Batteries car was Bobby Labonte, the Dupont car was Jeff Gordon, the Tide car was Ricky Rudd, and the Goodwrench car was, of course, Earnhardt.

I know the "special" paint scheme thing started as a once-a-year thing with The Winston all-star race but then it spread throughout the season. It has become more and more prevalent as the years have passed, and is to the point now where there is no "brand" on each car, just a mishmash of assorted schemes that do nothing to identify the car or the driver.

Has this happened because sponsors can no longer afford to sponsor the entire season, or is it another money grab by the teams, intended to sell more merchandise?

It frustrates me that teams use so many different paint schemes throughout the course of a season. In the 90s, when you saw the Kellogg's car, you knew Terry Labonte was behind the wheel. When you saw the Valvoline car, Mark Martin was driving. The Interstate Batteries car was Bobby Labonte, the Dupont car was Jeff Gordon, the Tide car was Ricky Rudd, and the Goodwrench car was, of course, Earnhardt.

I know the "special" paint scheme thing started as a once-a-year thing with The Winston all-star race but then it spread throughout the season. It has become more and more prevalent as the years have passed, and is to the point now where there is no "brand" on each car, just a mishmash of assorted schemes that do nothing to identify the car or the driver.

Has this happened because sponsors can no longer afford to sponsor the entire season, or is it another money grab by the teams, intended to sell more merchandise?

It's a sponsors thing, it started in the mid 2000s when the economy started to fail and companies didn't want to spend so much money on nascar, so now you have Jeff Gordon who can race the Axalta (Which bought Dupont) car 10 time per year along with Drive to end Hunger, Pepsi and who else knows. I think the only driver who has 1 sponsor (not counting cobalt) though out the whole year is Jimmy Johnson but he has also won 6 championships in what 8 years?

I have the 2004 version on PC. My son loves to play it.

I started modding cars back on the ORIGINAL NASCAR game for PC by Papyrus in 1994!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/history-of-papyrus-racing-games/1100-6103365/

Wow! That brings me back! I remember playing Nascar '98 a ton as well.

Ah, I remember both of those too. I too loved the Paint Shop on NASCAR Racing. Drawing race cars was actually my first venture into design.

And then there's NASCAR 98 for Playstation...I think the only song on the soundtrack was "Flirtin' With Disaster" by Molly Hatchet. Good times.

I did that for years on Nascar Racing 3, then last year I found a community that paints them on photoshop and how to get them in the game. I spent about a month making a whole field of cup cars. it is so much easier than using their worse-than-ms-paint designer. One of my best friends is a huge race fan, and when we're hanging we'll just sim 100 lap races to see who wins.

But the mod community is real cool. They have mods for all sorts of tracks, car bodies, and other paint schemes. They did the whole Nationwide series too.

close_zpsb7c66520.png

close2_zps874bf598.png

29_zpsafd583fc.png

ss_zps1c51152a.png

Stewart_zps845febf1.png

Archived