Bundesliga 2020 Series - Soccer!

Berlin Wall

doxksw.jpg

So, after my successfully done Series for the MLS I started to work on another 2020 series for the German Bundesliga. My goal is it again to create unique identities for the clubs without destroying their tradition. I chose 18 clubs for my 2020 league which could be realistic (with relegation rules etc.). But I also chose them a bit with my own sympathy and also the club colours played a role.

So, first of all I created an updated identity for the league itself. I don't really like the red and black of the current presentation of the Bundesliga. So I went with a more modern and fresh simple black and white logo!

23si06b.jpg

This logo will be on both arms of the kits, like in the Premier League. I will also post a Map, so you will actually know where the clubs are located in my country and I'm also going to give you a few basic informations about the club.

So lets start!

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

j7xac7.jpg

Founded: 1945

Population: 120,889

BuLi Titles (1963-): 2009

Previous German Titles: -

2cx7nmg.jpg

So, Wolfsburg is the club owned by Volkswagen, who are based in the small city of Wolfsburg. The club owns the most sponsor money in the league after Bayern Munich. That's why they won the title in 2009 and that's why the club is actually one of the least popular in Germany.

For the 2020 identity of the VfL I slightly changed the logo to a more traditional style. I added the traditional battlement to the 'W' because it actually looks better and many fans want that back!

For the jerseys I chose the style they had at the beginning of the 2000s, light green shirts with black shorts. That would be unique even in the whole world of soccer.

2zoav5h.jpg29l0lme.jpgmsjig2.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

2qnnqdc.jpg

Founded: 1904

Population: 159,926
BuLi Titles (1963-): -

14t39jl.jpg#

The next club is Bayer 04 Leverkusen, which was founded by employes of pharmaceutical company Bayer and still is partly owned by Bayer. It's a similar case as Wolfsburg, but they have a better concept in really develop young players. 10 years ago players like Ballack, Lucio or Berbatov played for the club but they've never won a title. After a series of second places and the lost CL-Final 2002 they were called 'Neverkusen'.

For 2020 I stayed with their current logo as I think it is one of the best in sports world.

For the jerseys I stayed with the black and red home shirts, as there are actually no other popular German teams wearing black at home. The design is leaned on the kits Bayer wore at the end of the 90s.

bhab1u.jpg2vkx7k6.jpgr8e1ao.jpg

Looking great so far. The map is a great idea, though it might be good to identify a couple of the larger cities like Berlin and Munich just so we can orient ourselves, as I'm not too familiar with Germany.

Does the Bundesliga currently have a standard font? Or are teams able to choose as you have shown here?

Looking great so far. The map is a great idea, though it might be good to identify a couple of the larger cities like Berlin and Munich just so we can orient ourselves, as I'm not too familiar with Germany.

Does the Bundesliga currently have a standard font? Or are teams able to choose as you have shown here?

Ah, I didn't thought about that. I will work on this for the next teams.

And no, the Bundesliga doesn't have a standard font.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback! The next club is done:

2lxh6kg.jpg

Founded: 1900
Population: 97,112
BuLi Titles (1963-): 1991, 1998
Previous German Titles: 1951, 1953

4jxqo6.jpg

So, the next club is the 1. FC Kaiserslautern, who are known as the 'Red Devils'. They currently just play in the second tier in Germany but they have to be in the Bundesliga with their tradition and their huge fanbase. They had much success in history as an underdog and today they are at least in the Top 10 of Germanys most popular football clubs.

I stayed with their logo because they actually never really changed it since the club was founded. And I kinda like it also.

For the jerseys you have to know that Lautern wore red home shirts for the most time but they also wore wine red home shirts (for example in the 50s). So I brought both colours into the set. I also created a wine red 50s retro alternate shirt!

2a0apvm.jpg2heknwz.jpg11vjuhy.jpg

2vn2vwn.jpg

Founded: 1899

Population: 546,451
BuLi Titles (1963-): 1965, 1988, 1993, 2004

2posfis.jpg

Werder Bremen is one of the most successful clubs in Germany. They've earned the highest number of points in the history of the Bundesliga after Bayern Munich and they were the biggest competitor of Bayern in the last decade. They are actually struggling for a few years now after they missed the Champions League places and finished the expensive stadium renovation.

For the kits I don't think that Nike will expand their contract with them so I went with Reebok and a very modern design with two different green tones and also an orange alternate kit.

2j65yyu.jpg103svv4.jpgqozodu.jpg

Wow, some really clean and classy kits!

Did you go to a special site to get that map or did you just google image search? I have been having trouble finding large maps that are the same for every country.

Wow, some really clean and classy kits!

Did you go to a special site to get that map or did you just google image search? I have been having trouble finding large maps that are the same for every country.

I just used a simple Wikipedia map.

And thanks for the feedback! Makes me again proud to get only good feedback! :)

1zvqqso.jpg

Founded: 1900
Population: 495,121
BuLi Titles (1963-): 1968

Previous German Titles: 1920, 1921, 1924, 1925, 1927, 1936, 1948, 1961

106llx0.jpg

The 1. FC Nürnberg, or in Germany simply known as 'The Club', was the most successful German Football Club in the first half of the 20th century. Because of that they were the club that won the most German Championship titles until Bayern Munich passed in 1987. Because of that history I just had to put them in my 2020 league. Today they are mostly a club that plays against the relegation or in the 2. Bundesliga.

The colours and the style of the jerseys is leaned on the kits they wore in their glory days in the 20s and 30s.

esnp8m.jpg2l8g77s.jpg2igzvgw.jpg

30t12z8.jpg

Founded: 1893
Population: 597,939
BuLi Titles (1963-): 1984, 1992, 2007
Previous German Titles: 1950, 1952

ffalhh.jpg

The VfB Stuttgart is in the Top 4 of the most successful Football Clubs of the Bundesliga history and also a very essential part of the league. They lost a bit of their glory in the last years after they finished a stadium renovation and lost some important players. They played around No. 10 in the league for a couple of years now after they won the last championship in 2007.

I slightly updated their logo to a mix of their current logo and their traditional logo. For the kits I chose Porsche as sponsor, because that's actually the most popular company from Stuttgart (well, there's also Mercedes, but Porsche is cooler ;) ).

The home kit is traditonally white with a red stripe on the chest. For the away I also added black and the Alternate is yellow and black, which are the colours of Stuttgart!

2rc8nl3.jpg30wwbck.jpgmirnr.jpg

Archived