WWE Logos Thread

Old School Fool

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When push comes to shove, I prefer the Network logo over the scratch logo. If only because the scratch logo is so associated with a particular era that's long since passed us by.

Especially since the "Universe" era we are currently in is going back to a more clean-cut family friendly product which coincides with the sleeker/cleaner network logo.

With that said, I came across this fan-made logo earlier today and love it way more than what they chose.

WWE_Logo_Fan_Redesign___Street_by_bluebr

bufg.png

When push comes to shove, I prefer the Network logo over the scratch logo. If only because the scratch logo is so associated with a particular era that's long since passed us by.

Especially since the "Universe" era we are currently in is going back to a more clean-cut family friendly product which coincides with the sleeker/cleaner network logo.

With that said, I came across this fan-made logo earlier today and love it way more than what they chose.

Ding ... I love that. It takes me back to the old logo that I grew up with while being modern enough.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Ding ... I love that. It takes me back to the old logo that I grew up with while being modern enough.

Exactly what I thought. The chosen logo just looks uneven to me and I can't stand it after seeing how nice this one looked.

bufg.png

On strictly a design standpoint only, I think the scratch logo is better than the network logo for one reason only: the shape just works. However...however, it's dated. The Network logo is new, fresh, and suits this era very well. After thinking about it for a long time, I've made my final decision: I think they should retire the scratch logo and go with the Network logo full time. It's time to dump it.

That would be the one I made a while back. It was a couple a years ago when I was really tired of seeing the scratch logo. I even posted it here on the board, though I can't seem to find where. here's the DA link for it: http://fav.me/d2r63jq One of the concepts hit the nail on the head though.

I think the top of the new logo looks weird, not full enough.

Lookng at the concepts the 2nd to last one should've been chosen.

a73141099bfffa7895fe7fa6759e144f.jpg

All New: NFL Random
Website ★ Behance ★ Twitter ★ Geekier Twitter

Since WWE originally planned to launch the network in 2012, think it's safe to say they may have also planned on changing the logo back then too? The very first time the public saw the new logo was back during the initial network announcement back in 2012. So they've been sitting on their new branding for two years.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

That would be the one I made a while back. It was a couple a years ago when I was really tired of seeing the scratch logo.

Really. Well. It looks fantastic, and I would choose it over the chosen logo.

bufg.png

So here are some old WWE logos, from before Vince McMahon's national expansion.

From the company's early days as the NWA territory Capitol Wrestling Corporation...

WWE1NWACWC_zps16542cb1.png

The World Wide Wrestling Federation...

WWE2WWWF_zps3b22d3ba.png

The first logo they had after they changed the name to the World Wrestling Federation

WWE3WWF_zps76460ec3.png

The new logo has also made its way onto the NXT set of belts as well. Slowly but surely everything will have the new logo on it. Emphasis on slowly. Hell if you watch a backstage segment on Raw they still have the previous Raw logo hanging up. The only time WWE moved with the hurryupness was when they had to drop the F. That was pretty darn instant due to the legal ramifications.

As far as WWE made stuff, was anyone a fan of that inVasion era WCW logo? I kinda dug it. It was simple but evoked the brand quite well.

I liked the invasion WCW logo. Way better than final logo used by the real WCW, ick. My only gripe with the invasion logo was that they made it red. I associate red with WWF attitude era (and beyond). I think they should have gone with WCW's classic blue and yellow colors for it.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

As far as WWE made stuff, was anyone a fan of that inVasion era WCW logo? I kinda dug it. It was simple but evoked the brand quite well.

It was going for the same general "look" as the WCW star logo that was used from 1999-2001 was going for, but managed to pull it off while showing some restraint. A much better mark when compared to the last WCW logo used. Still, nothing beats the original stencil WCW logo, in my opinion.

Yeah I figured that was what it was going for. Much better looking though. The only good thing about that WCW star logo was how it was used as a stage on Nitro. That was cool.

The funny thing was that the WWF was really unsure about how it wanted to brand WCW at first. The InVasion logo eventually became their choice but the WWF-run WCW.com site would often use the InVasion logo, the star logo, and stencil logo on the same page.

EDIT- I'm pretty sure this graphic was from the "WCW Raw" test match they did, where Booker T defended the WCW Championship against Buff Bagwell. The InVasion logo was used during the show, but the star logo's used on the advertising.

WCWRaw.png

Then there's this, a WWF produced commercial to hype the touring WCW group, from back when the plan was to spin WCW off as its own "brand" on tv. It uses the stencil logo instead of the InVasion logo.

http://www.wcwworldwide.com/post/63607832780/wcw-revolution-reboot

That's all good info that I never knew so thanks. I think we have established WWE goes through some growing pains when it comes to company branding.

Also, the rare WCW matches on Raw. Those were jarring as a kid. Still really cool though because it was treated like its own thing.

Also, the rare WCW matches on Raw. Those were jarring as a kid. Still really cool though because it was treated like its own thing.

Those were from back when the point of the InVasion was to spin WCW into its own show. They even got the tv time, two hours on Saturday night on TNN. The problem was that Vince was unhappy with the crowd responses to the WCW matches on Raw and SmackDown and so he axed the whole thing and used that time to air Velocity (SD's version of Heat) and Confidential instead. Still, you can see the origins of that idea. The separate WCW tv bug, aprons, announce crew, and graphics? It was all supposed to lead to a separate WWF run version of WCW.

Might have had better luck just launching it, as opposed to test running WCW in front of pro WWF crowds. Advertise the return of WCW hard and launch the show. Even if they dedicated an episode of Raw to the WCW guys it would have been better than what they did. The WCW guys didn't really have a chance to get over in rare matches in front of crowds that saw them as heels.

Archived