North American Sim Hockey

raysox

These are very nice so far. However, for the Rogues, the Kangaroo looks a little too much like a shark. I think making the ears pointed upward more would make a better fit.

Where are you seeing a kangaroo? That is a shark....

Wow. Can't wait for him to see this.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are very nice so far. However, for the Rogues, the Kangaroo looks a little too much like a shark. I think making the ears pointed upward more would make a better fit.

Where are you seeing a kangaroo? That is a shark....

Wow. Can't wait for him to see this.

article-1320756605789-0EB7D9C900000578-7

Okay moving on...

Calgary Wranglers

The first logos in the league were for NewEra on the boards. He's from Calgary, so he did a home town team with an homage to the Calgary Stampede. Originally he wanted to be the Cowboys(which i turned down because we'd have the Cowboys, Chiefs, and Saints). I was going to do a cowboy character but it wasn't working out, so I decided to make a horse, I used some logos for reference and made this. Basically, a mean horse. The secondary logo has a rope pattern around a C. The jerseys in my head were a mix of team Canada, and the Leafs' original RBK edge uniform. The alternate is similar, but has barbed wire barbs in between the stripes.

Calgary_zps36f5a358.png

This is such a great idea. I love seeing people putting custom designs into sports games. Puts a whole new perspective on how they look.

Anyways, I thought I would give my two cents.

Detroit:

Absolutely beautiful. Great color scheme, great logos, and great jerseys. I love the striping on the pants and cuffs on the home and away. They stand out in a good way.

Chicago:

I really love how the logos and color scheme are based on the flag of Chicago. The main logo is a perfect crest for the front of a hockey sweater. One critique I have is the half stripes on the sleeves. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I dislike the stadium series cut off stripes. Maybe try a traditional straight, un-split stripe.

Pittsburgh:

I really dig this simple look. A team with a name that references a city's history deserves a traditional design. And this set completely fulfills that. I love the diagonal work mark on the front of the home and away. And that alternate is a 'bute.

Los Angeles:

Super creative name and great color scheme. Jerseys are good also. The font used on the home and away is absolutely perfect. I'm Really liking the amount of red versus the amount of black and purple, great balance. As for that alternate, absolutely stunning. I love me some barber pole stripes. This set makes me realize the NHL needs some purple. (Looking at you Kings)

Calgary:

This one is not as strong as the others. The name is great but the primary logo, not so much. To me it looks a little too cartoonish. The sweaters aren't so hot either. The lack of a hem stripe makes the home and away look very plain. For a team named the "Wranglers", this is a very plain look. As for the alternate, I like the striping and the chest logo. I think the wire barbs ruin it for me.

Great job so far. Can't wait to see the final product.

Chicago:

I really love how the logos and color scheme are based on the flag of Chicago. The main logo is a perfect crest for the front of a hockey sweater. One critique I have is the half stripes on the sleeves. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I dislike the stadium series cut off stripes. Maybe try a traditional straight, un-split stripe.

I didn't want to go with a straight uncut stripe pattern. I thought that it would look boring. I thought that diagonal stripes would look good paired with the logo. I also didn't want the striping to come to a point and make a triangle, or arrow on the arms.

I see where yore coming from but all that was taken into consideration and tested out. It woulda come out somewhat dull.

Ontario Beavers

A familiar face! This is my team. I wasn't going to have a team. I wanted to just comment on everything and remain unbiased. I decided to throw my hat into the ring and take a team. I wanted to be a team in Canada, then I remembered that I asked our friend Sparky Chewbarky if he wanted to be in the league with one of his rad identities. He declined, but said that I could use any identity I wanted. I decided on his Beavers set because if i could get this logo some airtime, it would deserve it. His Ontario Beaver's set was green and yellow, but I decided to change it up. I used brown and yellow to be unique. The home and road are the ones he originally made. The Alternate is a custom yellow one done by me.
Ontario_zps8659c701.png

One critique, and this is probably more appropriate in Sparky's original thread. For the B logo, I would get rid of the white outline stroke, and make all other white elements yellow. That outline gets lost when viewed form far away, and a single color logo would fit better with your jerseys.

jNTsTyQ.png

Raleigh Saints

This was one of the first teams in the league. Pretty simple, I made a crest with an S and some shamrocks. The owner's focus wanted to be just on a shamrock, but I thought this way filled out the crest more. The Uniforms were "Boston Bruins, but with my colors", which really ended up looking nice because the Boston Bruins uniforms are one of my favorites. As an homage to his home town team, the alternate is a recolored Peoria Rivermen uniform from the turn of the century.

Raleigh_zpsd06ed2eb.png

Raleigh Saints

This was one of the first teams in the league. Pretty simple, I made a crest with an S and some shamrocks. The owner's focus wanted to be just on a shamrock, but I thought this way filled out the crest more. The Uniforms were "Boston Bruins, but with my colors", which really ended up looking nice because the Boston Bruins uniforms are one of my favorites. As an homage to his home town team, the alternate is a recolored Peoria Rivermen uniform from the turn of the century.

Raleigh_zpsd06ed2eb.png

Sweet Saints.

Archived