Colorado High School Helmet Wall at Sports Authority Field at Mile High

roxfan00

So this is new at Sports Authority Field...

helmet-wall-photo.jpg?sfvrsn=0

The Denver Broncos and Sports Authority Field at Mile High honor Colorado high school football with the unveilng of the High School Helmet Wall, located on the stadium's main concourse level at Gate 8 across from section 126 on the main concourse. Once complete, this public display will include a football helmet from each of the 287 public and private high school football programs in the state.

As of November 2013, the display includes the helmets from 186 programs out of a total of 287. I

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

so.many.copied.logos.

So many? Really?

Eagles (twice), Rams, K-State, Florida State (twice), Purdue.... So that's seven out of 186 that I can make out. Could be MUCH worse.

Theres actually a lot more than those. If I can find my pictures I'll post them.

spacer.png

so.many.copied.logos.

So many? Really?Eagles (twice), Rams, K-State, Florida State (twice), Purdue.... So that's seven out of 186 that I can make out. Could be MUCH worse.
Also Missouri, West Virginia, Oregon, Clemson, Georgia, Washington State (old logo), Washington, Rice, North Dakota St, Wyoming, Texas Tech, Fresno St, Broncos, Chargers....

I still think the idea is awesome though.

gYH2mW9.png

So do they plan to update whenever teams make a change to their helmets?

If the schools in Colorado change at the rate of schools around here, that's gonna be one bear of a job to keep up with. I hope They have a staff guy JUST in charge of keeping up with this. (I'm conveniently available)

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

so.many.copied.logos.

They could call it the "Wall of Trademark Infringement." Here, a lawyer can see all the material at once, making litigation just a little quicker.

5th row from the top, 5th helmet from the right (next to the Bulldogs)--is that the unused Jacksonville Jaguars logo that would have prompted litigation with the car manufacturer?

So do they plan to update whenever teams make a change to their helmets?

I would make it the school's responsibility to provide the helmet. Otherwise, the Broncos are making 287 phone calls every Fall.

I like the use of the Colorado state flag in the background. Also there is only 287 football schools in Colorado?

While Colorado is fairly big, in both population and size, the majority of the population is concentrated in a handful of urban areas (Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins). And a large amount of the state is mountain and rural dead zones. The few populous mountain/farm towns normally share high schools with the neighboring towns in the same county. There is also a substantial amount of private/charter schools that don't field football teams.

jNTsTyQ.png

so.many.copied.logos.

They could call it the "Wall of Trademark Infringement." Here, a lawyer can see all the material at once, making litigation just a little quicker.

5th row from the top, 5th helmet from the right (next to the Bulldogs)--is that the unused Jacksonville Jaguars logo that would have prompted litigation with the car manufacturer?

If not, it looks pretty close.

gYH2mW9.png

Wonder if they ask the schools to send in the helmets to them? Or if they just go right to the manufacturer and buy one? The helmets all look pretty clean so I'm guessing the schools arent donating old ones to them

This was on the Sports Authority Field at Mile High website

If your school is not yet represented, please contact the Broncos' Bobby Mestas at Bobby.Mestas@Broncos.NFL.net to provide a helmet which can be included in the display.

helmet-wall.gif?sfvrsn=0

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived