The Clink Room

derschwigg

Anyone else on here frequent The Clink Room? If not, you should! They've gone on record saying they want to do more collaborations with their "fellow Clinkers" - What this means is: the best designs may be put into a limited run of hats!

I thought it'd be cool to see what/if you guys are putting stuff together for it. Here's two of mine - the Hammerheads will be getting a revision based on Jason/Casey's notes, I just can't think of what to do!xsLAvGS.jpg

I9RNzri.jpg

It's not fair how awesome these logos are.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Anyone else on here frequent The Clink Room? If not, you should! They've gone on record saying they want to do more collaborations with their "fellow Clinkers" - What this means is: the best designs may be put into a limited run of hats!

I thought it'd be cool to see what/if you guys are putting stuff together for it. Here's two of mine - the Hammerheads will be getting a revision based on Jason/Casey's notes, I just can't think of what to do!xsLAvGS.jpg

I9RNzri.jpg

No link?

gYH2mW9.png

I9RNzri.jpg

No link?

Sorry! The blog is here - www.theclinkroom.com - and the specific post with templates and guides is here: http://www.theclinkroom.com/designed-by-clinkers/collaborate-with-us/ And thanks for the kind words so far!

I actually won a design contest for them over the summer. Search the site for "Hometown League", I created the "Bay Dogs" hat that will be produced sometime after the new year. Great site, Jason and Casey are as down to earth as you can get, especially for big time designers and they definitely give people a fair chance to get their work out there. Once I get my hat, Ill post pics on here (though they will be all over the Clink Room and in the Clink Room store for you guys to buy, should you like to own one).

I actually won a design contest for them over the summer. Search the site for "Hometown League", I created the "Bay Dogs" hat that will be produced sometime after the new year. Great site, Jason and Casey are as down to earth as you can get, especially for big time designers and they definitely give people a fair chance to get their work out there. Once I get my hat, Ill post pics on here (though they will be all over the Clink Room and in the Clink Room store for you guys to buy, should you like to own one).

Just looked up your design. Very nice. It's the general idea of the Minnesota Wild, but if anything, improves on it, with how seamlessly you work in the outline of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I'm working up some designs for this right now. I like that there's not a deadline so I can take my time.

ETA: Well, looks like I can't, because Inkscape is buggier than ever. Seriously, how can a program get more and more bugs every time I go to it?

rATMcmK.png

Thanks for the kind words! The current contest they are running will continue year round and the rewards are much better than most of their contests. I believe, without going back to the site to check, verbatim, what the prizes include, you get actual cash as opposed to Clink Store credit they usually award and you get a percentage of what they sell for every x amount sold on your design. Definitely worth it to try to get an entry in, and the open ended (or lack of a) deadline allows you to take your time and really refine a design. Plus, Casey and Jason actually look at and critique every submission and let you know what they think you should fix or if its perfect the way it is (one and done) and will allow you to keep resubmitting it until its just what they are looking for. Good luck!

UniJ

Have to go back to checking The Clink Room. Haven't looked at it much since they had gone away from reader submissions and contests and were looking like they were turning into a glorified ad for their own designs and news. Good to see they are going back.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

"Oregon Ghost Miners" is a really awkward name. It doesn't flow well, and it sounds like you're mining for ghosts. Overall it's a decent logo, but the shadows or design on the moon looks odd too.

The Hamilton Hammerheads is pretty nice, though using a shark logo for an Ontario city seems rather odd. Sometimes play-on words and logos work...sometimes they don't.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived