NCAA Baseball (SEC is complete)

hailstateunis

Sorry for taking so long, but Christmas and deer season have left me with little free time. Tonight, I fixed the "Flordia" State thing and did Illinois and Tulane.

Illinois was pretty straight forward. I used the Illinois script previously used on the football helmets and the block I currently on the football helmets.

IllinoisAll.png

I couldn't recreate the cardinals-inspired chest script for Tulane, so I ultimately decided to do away with it. I added a "tidal wave" to the sleeve to give them a more modern look.

TulaneAll.png

I'll probably do Virginia and Virginia Tech tomorrow.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for taking so long, but Christmas and deer season have left me with little free time. Tonight, I fixed the "Flordia" State thing and did Illinois and Tulane.

Illinois was pretty straight forward. I used the Illinois script previously used on the football helmets and the block I currently on the football helmets.

IllinoisAll.png

I couldn't recreate the cardinals-inspired chest script for Tulane, so I ultimately decided to do away with it. I added a "tidal wave" to the sleeve to give them a more modern look.

TulaneAll.png

I'll probably do Virginia and Virginia Tech tomorrow.

I love the blue alt. they should use that.

Thank you :)

NewOrleansBowl_zpsb1707dea.png

With Virginia, I continued the use of the western "Virginia" script and added a "Cavaliers" version to it. There is also a new cream fauxback with "Cavs" on it.

VirginiaAll.png

I used a more modern, rounded font for VT, using "Hokies" on the white and orange jerseys and "V-Tech" (Virginia Tech was too long) on the gray and maroon jerseys. A throwback with the T over V logo was also included.

VTAll.png

Nice work for Tech, I love the retro T over V logo, I wish they incorporated it into their football uniforms some more. I'd change the road to VA-Tech, as it's more wildly used that V-Tech.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

For Virginia:

I really like the road and the top blue alt. I would like to see the "cavs" on a solid white jersey rather than cream, and ditch the full cavaliers script unless you change the size of the letters. not a huge fan of either of the "V" swords alternates. would like to see "cavs" on the the orange alt as well. Also, not feeling the solid orange hats. I would prob have navy/orange, solid navy, and orange/navy

For VT:

They phased out the TV logo and arent supposed to use it anymore after this school year started. Not liking the V-Tech, and i dont like the thought of VA-Tech either. Just slap hokies on the roads as well. would like to see solid maroon, maroon/orange, white/orange and orange/maroon hats with VT logo or the hokie bird head similar to the rumored 2014 hat: http://t.co/wLI0LKzcVa

I don't know about "V-Tech". The Hokies aren't K-State. I don't think any one calls it V-Tech (when's the last time you heard someone say, "Hey, let's watch the V-Tech game"?), and I doubt the school branding guide uses it. Maybe just use "Tech".

EDIT: Wrote my post before I saw the update. VA Tech isn't much better (there shouldn't be a hyphen). Just use "Hokies".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know about "V-Tech". The Hokies aren't K-State. I don't think any one calls it V-Tech (when's the last time you heard someone say, "Hey, let's watch the V-Tech game"?), and I doubt the school branding guide uses it. Maybe just use "Tech".

EDIT: Wrote my post before I saw the update. VA Tech isn't much better (there shouldn't be a hyphen). Just use "Hokies".

Ya, Tech could work, as we are arguably the biggest Tech out there (sorry TTU). Their may be another big one but those are currently escaping my mind.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Ya, Tech could work, as we are arguably the biggest Tech out there (sorry TTU). Their may be another big one but those are currently escaping my mind.

"Tech" in maroon and orange is pretty unique.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Indiana was the first Big Ten team to make it to Omaha in a while last year. Their uniforms are already good, so I only added a few alternates. I wanted to make "Hoosiers" a script to unify the set, but I couldn't find a font where it looked good.

IndianaAll.png

Texas is traditionally one of the better college baseball teams, so they get a traditional set. The biggest changes I made were the replacement of the T on the hat by the longhorn logo, an orange jersey with the longhorn logo on it, and a pinstripes uniform with "Longhorns" on it.

TexasAll.png

Here's some of the suggested revisions for Virginia and Virginia Tech:

AllAdditions2.png

I won't do any tomorrow because I'm going to the Liberty Bowl, but I should have some new schools up either Wednesday or Thursday.

I like the updates to UVa, and the two "Hokies" jerseys are great! Va-Tech looks so strange on a jersey, and i agree with the other ideas of just Tech on the jersey.

Here are two more western teams with a rich baseball tradition.

I used the new nike-designed logos and wordmarks for Oregon State. The sleeve stripes are similar to the ones on the new football uniforms.

OSUAll.png

With Cal St. Fullerton, I used the jaguars font for the wordmarks. The most unquie jersey in this set is the blue jersey with blue numbers and light blue pinstripes.

FullertonAll.png

Here are two more western teams with a rich baseball tradition.

I used the new nike-designed logos and wordmarks for Oregon State. The sleeve stripes are similar to the ones on the new football uniforms.

OSUAll.png

With Cal St. Fullerton, I used the jaguars font for the wordmarks. The most unquie jersey in this set is the blue jersey with blue numbers and light blue pinstripes.

FullertonAll.png

I like both of these sets. My one thought/critique is that you might want to use a white or even orange outline around the beaver logo on the black OSU jersey so that the logo doesn't get lost on the jersey where the black meets. Good work on all of these so far!

Archived