College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I like them better in person. Lose the triangles on the front and choose a better font and they'd be good.

But, I will say, it's another case of poor color matching. The cream on the helmet looks completely different than the jersey.

The helmet color/jersey color thing cannot be unseen now. I still like the individual components, though.

Tf9TG.jpg

FSU/Clemson about to be the best matchup of the day with the new FSU lids and Clemson in orange pants. Looks real nice. Helmets look good, too, and actually don't seem to mismatch the gold numbers and pants (something I was worried about). Count me as a huge fan of the Oklahoma alts. Liked them when they came out and look great in real life. Wouldn't want them as the permanent set, but nice change of pace. Side note, who saw the bizarre Jameis Winston exchange with Jimbo Fisher regarding him dressing out?

FSU/Clemson about to be the best matchup of the day with the new FSU lids and Clemson in orange pants. Looks real nice. Helmets look good, too, and actually don't seem to mismatch the gold numbers and pants (something I was worried about). Count me as a huge fan of the Oklahoma alts. Liked them when they came out and look great in real life. Wouldn't want them as the permanent set, but nice change of pace. Side note, who saw the bizarre Jameis Winston exchange with Jimbo Fisher regarding him dressing out?

FSU pants just need to be a little darker

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Washington Huskies need to wear gold/purple/gold all the time at home. Great combination. The pants, IMO, now look better without the stripes compared to the pants they had for the last handful of seasons.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

FSU / Clemson does look pretty good. Someone said couple weeks ago that the new FSU unis look like ugly christmas sweaters, now I can't unsee that. As far as Winston, why the heck would you even let him dress out to warm up? Or did Jimbo even notice this? Jameis's dad was right, he does need 24 hr supervision!

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Yikes syracuse looks bad. White helmet with navy pants and navy jerseys-- it's hard to tell but it looks like there is black in there with the navy on the sleeves (why?)... and there's no white in the jersey/pants so the white helmet becomes even more out of place. Pretty awful

Maryland%2Bvs%2BSyracuse.JPG

I love the mountain range on Utah's sleeves, but I wish it was incorporated as a motif elsewhere. How long have they had that?

Utah.JPG

Duke's throwback/fauxback look is a pretty huge success. The 8-bit scoreboard is pretty cool too.

Hundreds of fans in attendance lucky enough to see it in person.

post-29513-there-are-dozens-like-us-gif-

Tulane%2Bvs%2BDuke%2B-%2B2.JPG

Louisville in their "Cardtrooper" look while FIU is blue-blue-white w/ a USA helmet.

I hate the new helmet without stripes:

Louisville.JPG

Wisconsin looks better now in those red shells than they ever have.

Uniform needs some black though.

Bowling%2BGreen%2Bvs%2BWisconsin.JPG

I really hate all the mismatched golds on the uniform....I suppose they are trying to be like the Dallas Cowboys...no uniformity.

FSU%2B-%2B1.JPG

Here are some other games from today:

Georgia%2BState%2Bvs%2BWashington.JPG

Iowa%2Bvs%2BPitt.JPG

SJSU%2Bvs%2BMinnesota.JPG

spacer.png

FSU's helmets look so much better.

Syracuse looked like an awful joke.

Oklahoma looks stupid. Color-wise, it's fine. Design wise, please burn them.

I'd have to say Miss St/LSU could be the best looking game of the night. Iowa/Pitt was a good one earlier at Hines Field.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived