College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Sounds like OU will debut their home alts this week against Tennessee. Reportedly, they were playing the video about the alternate uniforms when students were picking up their tickets.

Sweet! Now hopefully the fans revolt and those things are rounded up and burned immediately after the game!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowling Green joins the mass exodus from Adidas! We switched to Nike yesterday, but it should be a while before all our Adidas crap is gone. I also read on Twitter that orange and brown is easier to get from Nike due to their existing deal with the Cleveland Browns.

Not saying these recent Nike designs are great (or even good) by any means... but Addidas can't produce ANYTHING that is even somewhat decent looking. Good for BG.

The worst part about adidas producing the awful designs is that their sister company, Reebok, is making "decent" designs for the CFL alternates. (They aren't great designs, but anything is better than what adidas makes)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Bowling Green joins the mass exodus from Adidas! We switched to Nike yesterday, but it should be a while before all our Adidas crap is gone. I also read on Twitter that orange and brown is easier to get from Nike due to their existing deal with the Cleveland Browns.

EDIT: Found this quote:

“By the fall of 2015, our teams will be wearing 100 percent new Nike [gear],” [Athletics' Director Chris] Kingston said.

The story goes that U-M broke with Nike at the start of the 21st century (I like being able to say that) over some students protesting sweatshop labor, but I just saw a flyer on campus about a student group protesting Adidas sweatshop labor, and I looked it up and apparently they've been doing it the past couple of years, so why are we still with Adidas?? I'd love to join back up with Nike, but anything would be better than Adidas. I want to join the exodus!

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

“By the fall of 2015, our teams will be wearing 100 percent new Nike [gear],” [Athletics' Director Chris] Kingston said.

The story goes that U-M broke with Nike at the start of the 21st century (I like being able to say that) over some students protesting sweatshop labor, but I just saw a flyer on campus about a student group protesting Adidas sweatshop labor, and I looked it up and apparently they've been doing it the past couple of years, so why are we still with Adidas?? I'd love to join back up with Nike, but anything would be better than Adidas. I want to join the exodus!

I think U-M also broke with Nike because Adidas backed the money trucks up to them like Nike never would.

The worst part about adidas producing the awful designs is that their sister company, Reebok, is making "decent" designs for the CFL alternates. (They aren't great designs, but anything is better than what adidas makes)

I would have to disagree 100% with that statement. Have you seen those hideous uniforms they introduced this year? They are atrocious!

BAGG3.jpg

Drew-Willy-and-Jason-Vega.-See-the-excit

crop_20647311803.png

spacer.png

I think U-M also broke with Nike because Adidas backed the money trucks up to them like Nike never would.

Probably very true. I think it's funny, though, that the first link mentions Phil Knight (in 2000) talking about withholding a $30 mil donation to Oregon because they had students involved in the same anti-sweatshop group

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Rumor of Texas Tech wearing throwbacks against Arkansas this upcoming weekend. Old SWC

BxCThWGCYAAthOT.jpg

That is going to be a beautiful looking game!

That is nice, but they need to TV numbers....I loved this look.

hopefully there wont be that many visible UA logos

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

They all use the same facilities and vendors overseas. If you make clothing in asia there's a 99% chance your products produced are produced under less than standard labor conditions. Nothing will change until the industry as a whole opts for fair trade and labor practices as opposed to the suppression of standards by jumping from one 3rd world nation to another.

Rumor of Texas Tech wearing throwbacks against Arkansas this upcoming weekend. Old SWC

BxCThWGCYAAthOT.jpg

That is going to be a beautiful looking game!

It'd be great if Arkansas wore their uniforms from the same era.

arkansas.jpg

They could just borrow ou's road unis for the weekend.

As is tradition, LSU is breaking out the purple jerseys this week versus UL-Monroe:

LSU Football Equip ?@LSUFBEquipment 8m

Bringing the purple jerseys out this weekend for @LSUfball pic.twitter.com/Fs2OuzZeGq

BxB1_dPCYAAQM7y.jpg

Darn. I would've loved to see LSU's purple jersey vs this combo for Mississippi State in 2 weeks-

USATSI_7526814.jpg

My apologies if this has already been mentioned. But it looks like Florida State is going to make a mid season switch from the new uniforms.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/08/florida-state-will-change-uniforms-and-helmets-mid-season-amidst-fan-outrage/

this is a perfect example of nike fixing what was not broken...I like the number font and the new pattern but they absolutely had to come up with a unique and untested shade of gold for fsu because that's what they do...also you have to go with gold numbers especially on the road because it's different and trendy not because it's a better look or legible for that matter...they also tried to push the gold/helmet mask combo but that didn't even make it to the first game due to jimbo wanting to keep a traditional fsu look...so they have to scramble to order new garnet masks with the fancy finish (or swap from the new alt helmet?) which obviously weren't tested in a variety of lighting conditions and ended up not matching...way to go nike and team.

all of this backlash was completely predictable, but obviously the smart guys in the room thought that their superior taste in design trumped practicality...not the first time this has happened and certainly won't be the last.

Archived