buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

Confirmed by Bobby Petrino that Louisville will indeed wear all-black uniforms against Miami.

10409748_10203114896566472_7088009439971

I loved Petrino as a coach but man does he have terrible taste in uniforms.

The biggest crime on that Oklahoma set is that new typeface. Oof. Look at the H and the E...

If OU had just introduced a white helmet and maybe a cream faux-back I'd be a much happier fan right now.

soooooooooooo.............is the oklahoma unis new unis or an alt. this new cut by nike is ............yeesh

soooooooooooo.............is the oklahoma unis new unis or an alt. this new cut by nike is ............yeesh

Just a home and an away alternate. So I'm guessing we'll see these at least twice a year.

Here's a link to an article with some higher resolution shots of the uniforms:

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209536008

The collar is horrendous and the cookie-cutter template with the colored mesh spike panels on the chest is already getting old. The rest of the set as an alternate is decent. OU has had one of the cleanest looks in college football so I'm glad they aren't going away from that look full-time. But I do think this could be a sign of things to come for the program. For now though it's an interesting compromise for such a traditional school getting a more modern make-over.

Also, the new stadium design looks really good and will be a huge upgrade for them:

Memorial_Stadium_Renovations_2.jpg

Here's a link to the stadium upgrades: http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209530080

BrfOov3CQAAgWZT.jpg

BrfTwCBCUAEfMJi.jpg

BrfQYy-CcAA3orB.jpg

So are those red inserts on the chest supposed to represent Huskie Stadium or Arkansas' tusk? I'm so confused.

The epitome of nike slinging bull....

Also, could someone enlighten me to bring the wood relevance, and why a seemingly year-off slogan got enough pull to create these?

For the first several years whenever I saw the Nicholls State logo, I just thought the NU Athletic Department was adding a sword so we could be more badass.

I was like 12.

u5a0z147qunbzxwnec8ef7bkl.gif83e3a2hhd0ojwgsgift2xdcyd.gif

When I was at Nicholls, this was our logo:

7063.gif

I wasn't too happy with the first redesign to the beveled "N" without the sword tassels and the sword behind the "N" and the flat version of the beveled logo wasn't much better:

nichollsstatelogo.gifnicholls-state.gif

BrfOov3CQAAgWZT.jpg

BrfTwCBCUAEfMJi.jpg

BrfQYy-CcAA3orB.jpg

So are those red inserts on the chest supposed to represent Huskie Stadium or Arkansas' tusk? I'm so confused.

Also, could someone enlighten me to bring the wood relevance, and why a seemingly year-off slogan got enough pull to create these?

I thought it would be worth posting the Arkansas jerseys to compare:

New-Arkansas-Uniforms.jpg

These seems very similar, especially for two teams in the same geographic area with a similar color scheme. Laziness...

I thought it would be worth posting the Arkansas jerseys to compare:

New-Arkansas-Uniforms.jpg

These seems very similar, especially for two teams in the same geographic area with a similar color scheme. Laziness...

Similar in a way that their pretty much the same uniform, just a different shade of red and OU doesn't have a "tusk" on the shoulder.

What the hell happened to Oklahoma! They had a simple uniform only to go with this crap?!

Nike happened to Oklahoma.

Just a home and an away alternate. So I'm guessing we'll see these at least twice a year.

Here's a link to an article with some higher resolution shots of the uniforms:

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209536008

The collar is horrendous and the cookie-cutter template with the colored mesh spike panels on the chest is already getting old. The rest of the set as an alternate is decent. OU has had one of the cleanest looks in college football so I'm glad they aren't going away from that look full-time. But I do think this could be a sign of things to come for the program. For now though it's an interesting compromise for such a traditional school getting a more modern make-over.

Also, the new stadium design looks really good and will be a huge upgrade for them:

Memorial_Stadium_Renovations_2.jpg

Here's a link to the stadium upgrades: http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209530080

I bet you will see them at least 2x each and in a bowl game. Remember they can swap helmet/pant combos now so they are definitely going to want to take advantage of that opportunity. The only reason they are being given alt status is to not offend the traditionalists/old timers but let's be honest here, nike would not invest in such a redesign if there wasn't the potential for this set to be adopted full time.

The replica jerseys show the "cream" a little better.

mvbqnyt.jpgaL34E5G.jpg

That makes them a LITTLE better. But again, look how much better that collar looks than the on-field version.

mvbqnyt.jpgaL34E5G.jpg

That makes them a LITTLE better. But again, look how much better that collar looks than the on-field version.

It may be unpopular, but I like these quite a bit and many of you guys are just overreacting because this is Oklahoma. It's nice to see them spice things up a little bit (these are much safer compared to other alts) and the cream uniforms look great. Get rid of the wood and some of the cream, and this could be OU's new look (not because I hate the current uniforms) in the future.

mvbqnyt.jpgaL34E5G.jpg

It may be unpopular, but I like these quite a bit and many of you guys are just overreacting because this is Oklahoma. It's nice to see them spice things up a little bit (these are much safer compared to other alts) and the cream uniforms look great. Get rid of the wood and some of the cream, and this could be OU's new look (not because I hate the current uniforms) in the future.

I'm also digging this Oklahoma look. Sure, it's close to Arkansas, but it's not Nikes fault the color schemes are very similar. There is nothing really extreme here other than a modernize cleanup.

Does anyone have pics of Baylor's new stadium and the other off season stadium upgrades/renovation etc...

The east/student side of Kyle Field currently looks like this.

KYLE_ED_0005-M.jpg

A brand new south end zone structure was built as well along with lowering the field and sifting it 10 yards to the south. After this season the west side will be demolished and completely rebuilt.

10471415_10152516662116800_6698264418432