College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

East Carolina has started teasing at their jersey facelift (key word) since their rebrand (http://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/photos/0/xc/mq/iUXcMqaIdSiDhFX-556x313-noPad.jpg). Full jersey should be out soon, not promotional images or anything just iphone photos from the equipment manager twitter account.

Top is before, bottom is after:

Br-wMb8CAAAoTLL.jpg

Helmet:

BlClrZ1IEAEA_7R.jpg

That helmet is beautiful. Purple chrome is clearly the best chrome color. Also, good idea putting a yellow wordmark instead of white.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like that ECU's wordmark and Nike swoosh look screen printed. And also, the bottom of the FlyWire looks very stupid without a logo or something there.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm curious about Navy's helmets as well. They were from Nike, so how well do things like that transfer in changing apparel companies like this? It's a bit unprecedented wouldn't you say?

I hope they keep them though. They are my all-time favorite helmets as well.

Nike didn't make the helmets though, HGI did so they could still use them if under armour or navy decide they want to keep them.

The word mark is probably screened on. The swoosh looks like is stitched on. I'd say it makes sense to screen the word mark due to the custom design involved.

I don't like that ECU's wordmark and Nike swoosh look screen printed. And also, the bottom of the FlyWire looks very stupid without a logo or something there.

I disagree. It's probably been screened on using high durable silicon ink, similar to what's used on the NFL jerseys. Hard to tell though.

I prefer that application, because it takes away the "wonky" look that embroidery gives the surrounding fabric.

Nike has done some fantastic things in application of elements, especially when detailed logos are used in small sizes. I especially like the way they've done collar logos with high detail:

Nike-Football-Uniform-UofO-Away-Collar-2

The post says "the company that makes USC's facemask posted it and said the helmets would be shiny next season."

HGI makes the gold-flaked, grey facemasks that USC, Notre Dame have worn the past few seasons.

Can't find the post from HGI, though.

Archived