College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams are no longer competing for the crystal football. the grand prize is now the golden ice cream cone.

Bsg3qtuCMAEqRhf.jpg

Cue the fleshlight jokes in 3...2...1...

I don't know about the fleshlight, but it would be cool if this lights up.

spacer.png

Is this the back of the new Duke away uniform?

7_2967142.jpg

If so, I will miss the stripes on the shoulders, but I am just glad they did not remove them altogether.

That's a terribly mismatched look. Single stripe on the helmet, two stripes on the jersey and pants, double outline on the numbers that doesn't match the sleeve stripes. Downgrade IMO.

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

BsgbJsmIAAAmAZa.jpg

BsgbnFLIcAAUN4I.jpg

BsgbnETIAAA7YpX.jpg

Duke+pants.PNG

Did they have to leave the facemask gray? I suppose it just fits with the rest of their inconsistencies .Duke+White.PNG

The outline on the blue jersey looks like crap. I prefer their old font.

Duke.PNG

spacer.png

7_2967142.jpg

If so, I will miss the stripes on the shoulders, but I am just glad they did not remove them altogether.

Here is the another combination. I am glad the facemask is white.

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Are their no blue pants? If so, I commend them on their restraint. Chances are, though, there are blue pants also, and we'll be subjected to yet another boring monocombo.

7_2967142.jpg

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Are their no blue pants? If so, I commend them on their restraint. Chances are, though, there are blue pants also, and we'll be subjected to yet another boring monocombo.

Duke.PNG

spacer.png

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Those new Duke uniforms are ugly as :censored:! Their old uniforms are the most underrated in College Football.

duke-football.jpg

Too bad the uniforms are colts knock offs. Just like Iowa, duke was ineligible from getting any positive feedback due to the negative score in the originality department.

needs a gold facemask

3zaJ2DS.jpg

Absolutely not. Yellow is so high school.

If you're going to go there, gray is so "low budget", generic and looks like leftover equipment from the 1960s.

I really like that gold facemark (obviously) but a mask matching their helmet would look great too. Either option looks better than gray.

87Redskins.png

No me gusta on that trophy. They would've been better off just keeping the crystal ball of the BCS era.

Fortunately the crystal ball will still be around. It will be given to the team that finishes first in the coaches' poll after the bowls are played. That SHOULD be the same team that wins the playoff every year.

needs a gold facemask

3zaJ2DS.jpg

Absolutely not. Yellow is so high school.

If you're going to go there, gray is so "low budget", generic and looks like leftover equipment from the 1960s.

I really like that gold facemark (obviously) but a mask matching their helmet would look great too. Either option looks better than gray.

I'll buy the statement that gray can look dated as it was the only color available during the 60's and most of the 70's. I think it only looks good with period appropriate designs with the exception being silver and gray shells. The "low budget" makes absolutely no sense though as traditional, solid color facemasks all cost the same. There's no gray discount.

The reason why I say high school is that based on observation, yellow is an very popular mask color at the HS level and very rare in college and the nfl. In my opinion yellow masks tend to stand out too much and detract from an overall helmet design.

Archived