College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Any idea when Oregon plans to unveil their full set for 2014/2015? I assume the black and white jersey's shown at the end of last year will be worn but have to think there will be at least 1 green one and likely a yellow one too

I thought they were adding those jerseys to the rotation, and not getting a new set for at least another year.

From what the university has said, the uniforms unveiled last season were just going to be additions to the rotation, with the possibility of replacing the black and one of the whites full-time. Also, a new full set is on the horizon since this would be the 3rd year of the current set and that's typically when they changed now.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was fast. Utah getting it's scheduled new football uniforms, plus ditching their 2014 bball uni's too.

"The Under Armour uniforms will look "completely different." They’ll have less striping and no more of the topographical lines that were used to emphasize Utah’s mountain landscape."

No word yet on whether the Utes will wear the white helmet that appeared during spring training.

Also of note, "The U. may have recently distanced itself from the drum and feather, but a recently signed memorandum of understanding between the U. and the Ute Indian Tribe Business Committee could well pave the way for more liberal use of the drum and feather." Before the school and the tribe signed their new accord it was also revealed that the tribe wants the football team to wear a Ute war bonnet helmet. I guess we're gonna find out how much sway the tribe ended up having.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

It looks like Penn State is adding numbers to it's helmets. I just hope there isn't a oversized logo on the other side.

10488583_1439997172953841_506076198_n.jp

I saw a tweet from a reputable source saying just coach decoration, not for the field. I wish I could find the tweet but I can not...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

It looks like Penn State is adding numbers to it's helmets. I just hope there isn't a oversized logo on the other side.

I saw a tweet from a reputable source saying just coach decoration, not for the field. I wish I could find the tweet but I can not...

Sounds like backtracking to me. Most likely a mockup and this was the department leaking the image to gauge fan reaction. Too bad. They should just go for it.

Any idea when Oregon plans to unveil their full set for 2014/2015? I assume the black and white jersey's shown at the end of last year will be worn but have to think there will be at least 1 green one and likely a yellow one too

I thought they were adding those jerseys to the rotation, and not getting a new set for at least another year.

From what the university has said, the uniforms unveiled last season were just going to be additions to the rotation, with the possibility of replacing the black and one of the whites full-time. Also, a new full set is on the horizon since this would be the 3rd year of the current set and that's typically when they changed now.

Just to give an idea of when we might see the expanded set, the current uniforms were unveiled at the end of August back in 2012. http://nikeinc.com/nike-football/news/nike-highlights-new-integrated-uniform-system-for-oregon-ducks-season

Sounds like backtracking to me. Most likely a mockup and this was the department leaking the image to gauge fan reaction. Too bad. They should just go for it.

No. There is no need to just 'go for it'. Especially if alumni were opposed to the change.

No. There is no need to just 'go for it'. Especially if alumni were opposed to the change.

The paterno era is over. They have a history of numbers on the helmet. They have a new coach. A mild visual refresh could do this program some good.

It looks like Illinois is going to have silver uniforms this year. The biggest Illini merchandise store in Champaign tweeted this picture of the replica jerseys. Also, no navy jerseys are available to buy this year, so I'm assuming the rumors about the team not getting the blue jerseys and pants until next year are true.

https://twitter.com/gamedayspirit/status/489161831127064579

yhpuzQV.jpg

Alumni...alumni??? Alumni don't matter. College football is all about recruits!! :)

IMO, I do like the numbers on the helmet, but I doubt they actually use them during the season.

It looks like Illinois is going to have silver uniforms this year. The biggest Illini merchandise store in Champaign tweeted this picture of the replica jerseys. Also, no navy jerseys are available to buy this year, so I'm assuming the rumors about the team not getting the blue jerseys and pants until next year are true.

yhpuzQV.jpg

The gray is really lame. Navy should have been the first things produced.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Are you really suggesting that a school use its colors over a bland gray? You have much to learn about college football, my friend.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Are you really suggesting that a school use its colors over a bland gray? You have much to learn about college football, my friend.

blasphemy .. gray is a school color of illinois as it has been used as a facemask color before and should take precedent over navy on all occasions....how dare you suggest they wear navy!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I feel like if Penn State was gonna change things up they would've done it a couple years ago after the scandal punishments were handed down. But at this point, I don't see the fan base being in favor of a change in tradition.

yhpuzQV.jpg

Grey but no blue jerseys or pants?! And people say Adidas is the worst...

I feel like if Penn State was gonna change things up they would've done it a couple years ago after the scandal punishments were handed down. But at this point, I don't see the fan base being in favor of a change in tradition.

Bill O'Brien did put names on the back of the jerseys...now that he's coaching in the NFL, I wouldn't be shocked if Penn State made another small change.

Utah

ioAdp7l.jpg

5YzdyFT.jpg

The lines on the mountains are kinda strange. I hope the Utes stick with the white facemask, but something about this tells me they're going black facemask.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Trust me, the die hard loyalists don't want any change. They hated the idea of even having names on the back of the jersey, like that was some kind of blasphemy. I'm an alum and I wouldn't mind the numbers on there one bit.

Archived