College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah

ioAdp7l.jpg

5YzdyFT.jpg

I'll hold out final judgement until I see the rest of the uniform, but right now the jersey's look like ass.

Agreed. Those mountains look awful. Too much black for my taste, I would've like to see a bit more red.

spacer.png

It looks like Penn State is adding numbers to it's helmets. I just hope there isn't a oversized logo on the other side.

10488583_1439997172953841_506076198_n.jp

I saw a tweet from a reputable source saying just coach decoration, not for the field. I wish I could find the tweet but I can not...

Sounds like backtracking to me. Most likely a mockup and this was the department leaking the image to gauge fan reaction. Too bad. They should just go for it.

Penn State should just utilize the great logo they have on their helmets. I've always thought helmet numbers were dumb and were sort of now Alabama's "thing".

6g3sx3a2zxgt5z2vb10g.gif

this would look great on that helmet.

It looks like Penn State is adding numbers to it's helmets. I just hope there isn't a oversized logo on the other side.

I saw a tweet from a reputable source saying just coach decoration, not for the field. I wish I could find the tweet but I can not...

Sounds like backtracking to me. Most likely a mockup and this was the department leaking the image to gauge fan reaction. Too bad. They should just go for it.

No. There is no need to just 'go for it'. Especially if alumni were opposed to the change.

Alumni...alumni??? Alumni don't matter. College football is all about recruits!! :)

IMO, I do like the numbers on the helmet, but I doubt they actually use them during the season.

It looks like Illinois is going to have silver uniforms this year. The biggest Illini merchandise store in Champaign tweeted this picture of the replica jerseys. Also, no navy jerseys are available to buy this year, so I'm assuming the rumors about the team not getting the blue jerseys and pants until next year are true.

https://twitter.com/gamedayspirit/status/489161831127064579

yhpuzQV.jpg

The gray is really lame. Navy should have been the first things produced.
That's bad. It doesn't help that the first thing we're seeing is the replica, but I can't imagine this will look good. I'm also wondering if the actual jerseys will be more of a silver and if there will be more helmets since the rumors I saw always mentioned silver, but not gray.

And I'm suspecting the no blue jerseys/helmets rumor to be true. If it is, that is awful from whoever made the call. I'm guessing Nike said they can make you three sets of uniforms in time for the first season and Illinois picked orange, white, and silver. If that's the case, it's just an awful decision. Blue has been the primary forever (except last year when it technically was, but they wore orange more) and should've been the easy choice if they could only get one dark uniform in time for the season. And if they picked gray over blue, I don't even know. Hopefully I'm wrong and they'll have a blue jersey this year, but I'm not counting on it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Utah

ioAdp7l.jpg

5YzdyFT.jpg

I'll hold out final judgement until I see the rest of the uniform, but right now the jersey's look like ass.

Agreed. Those mountains look awful. Too much black for my taste, I would've like to see a bit more red.

The mountains look like loony toon garbage... I loved the typographic maps, what happened to those? These look like some knock-off fubu jersey youd by at a gas station. Awful.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

No. There is no need to just 'go for it'. Especially if alumni were opposed to the change.

Alumni...alumni??? Alumni don't matter. College football is all about recruits!! :)

You obviously do not live in PA. The PSU alumni, specifically the big donors are a very powerful group. The Sanduisky cover-up was driven by them.

I love the numbers, also the lion logo for the helmets. They need to do something and yes, move away from the Paterno era.

87Redskins.png

Are those Utah jerseys even real? They have old-ass Payton Manning sleeves, instead of a modern uniform cut. Just a thought.

And UCLA looks like stewed sh#t. I feel bad for their fans.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived