College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

That makes sense because the jersey template looks like Russell's cut that the Orlando Predators and Western Kentucky were wearing.

It's UA's newest template. Texas Tech used it all last year, and Maryland's flag-sleeved unis were on it as well.

This is false. Everyone wore the same template last year. As an Auburn fan, I've been waiting to see what UA's new template looks like. But TTech did not wear those last year

2013-texas-tech-lone-star-football-unifonew-2013-texas-tech-football-helmet-neve

Not at all false

new-texas-tech-gray-uniforms-2013-season

2013-Maryland-Pride-Football-Uniforms.jp

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes sense because the jersey template looks like Russell's cut that the Orlando Predators and Western Kentucky were wearing.

It's UA's newest template. Texas Tech used it all last year, and Maryland's flag-sleeved unis were on it as well.

This is false. Everyone wore the same template last year. As an Auburn fan, I've been waiting to see what UA's new template looks like. But TTech did not wear those last year

2013-texas-tech-lone-star-football-unifonew-2013-texas-tech-football-helmet-neve

Good eye, my bad. Sorry about that.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Brian Kelly apparently won a battle, as Notre Dame Stadium will have Field Turf this fall.

The football field itself will include the traditional diagonal striping in both end zones. There will be 18 lines (nine in each end zone), and they will be oriented at 42-degree angles toward the Basilica and the Golden Dome. The numbers 18 and 42 represent 1842, the year the University was founded.

There will be a traditional interlocking ND logo at midfield, and the 35-yard-line marks for kickoffs will include small green shamrocks.

"The interlocking ND is the most recognized symbol of our University and its athletics programs, and we wanted to communicate that to our fans and all those viewing our home games on NBC," said Notre Dame vice president and athletics director Jack Swarbrick.

53c71eb457347.preview-300_zpsvybf53nl.jp

Brian Kelly apparently won a battle, as Notre Dame Stadium will have Field Turf this fall.

The football field itself will include the traditional diagonal striping in both end zones. There will be 18 lines (nine in each end zone), and they will be oriented at 42-degree angles toward the Basilica and the Golden Dome. The numbers 18 and 42 represent 1842, the year the University was founded.

There will be a traditional interlocking ND logo at midfield, and the 35-yard-line marks for kickoffs will include small green shamrocks.

"The interlocking ND is the most recognized symbol of our University and its athletics programs, and we wanted to communicate that to our fans and all those viewing our home games on NBC," said Notre Dame vice president and athletics director Jack Swarbrick.

There are too many "good idea fairies" in college sports. Enough with the "We want to communicate this to our fans". Real fans don't need to be pandered to.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

There are too many "good idea fairies" in college sports. Enough with the "We want to communicate this to our fans". Real fans don't need to be pandered to.

True, but you can't make Notre Dame money by only paying attention to "real fans."

I am probably in the minority, but I like the mid-field logo...I wish it was the cloverleaf, but this fine as well.

spacer.png

I worked a game at Notre Dame a few years back, and they are taking their traditional shtick a little too far. The field was crap, so field turf is a good move. No video board, but an old style light-up scoreboard. It absolutely sucked. I'm not saying that you need a gigantic screen that blocks out the sun, but a nice video board without ads could work and not make the place look any less "classic".

LOL this is more ham-fisted than anything Nike has ever written.

Field Turf at ND was announced back in April. They started tearing the grass up the day after commencement. They just released the field design yesterday, and I must say I'm a fan. The ND is small enough that it still gives the field a classy look, and the shamrocks at the 35s is a nice touch. And I had no idea that was the "reasoning" behind the hashes in the end zones...as a marketing major I love it haha.

And a video board is coming...there'll be one in the south endzone when they finish renovating the stadium for the 2017 season. It hasn't been announced, but it's clear that it's coming.

Archived