College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mountain arms? Oh Under Armour *shake me head*, you turned Utah's uniforms into something that belonged in the XFL.

The XFL wouldn't even take these.

I think the idea is pretty dumb to begin with, but on top of that the execution is atrocious. If you want to do a simplified graphic that suggests mountains it could (maybe, sort of, almost) work. Maybe a stripe/shape that follows a jagged contour, almost like the original Colorado Avalanche jersey. But this cartoony, over rendered mess? Ghastly.

And once again, we get a jersey design in which the on-field look, and the fan-worn replicas will bear only a passing similarity. That's all over football now, and a real pet peeve of mine.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The football field itself will include the traditional diagonal striping in both end zones. There will be 18 lines (nine in each end zone), and they will be oriented at 42-degree angles toward the Basilica and the Golden Dome. The numbers 18 and 42 represent 1842, the year the University was founded.

LOL this is more ham-fisted than anything Nike has ever written.

i think it's really smart. you will find number and direction correlations like this in monuments and buildings all over the world.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The football field itself will include the traditional diagonal striping in both end zones. There will be 18 lines (nine in each end zone), and they will be oriented at 42-degree angles toward the Basilica and the Golden Dome. The numbers 18 and 42 represent 1842, the year the University was founded.

LOL this is more ham-fisted than anything Nike has ever written.

i think it's really smart. you will find number and direction correlations like this in monuments and buildings all over the world.

To the layperson it's just a line set at a 45 degree angle in the endzone (extremely common field marking in the 50's) but if you're in the knights templar, you now know where the holy grail is buried. ND is like one big Dan Brown novel.

They'd at least look more like mountains if the lines weren't intersecting. There is no depth to them. They look just like scribbled lines. The only hope is that the sleeve is cut short and/or tucked on the actual uniforms so that most of this design is hidden.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Is it me, but is Louisville getting a new helmet this year as well (look at helmet behind Michael Dyer)?

BsjJzeLCIAAQkD4.jpg

Bringing back the red facemask is not a bad thing, but I hope they don't wear the white helmet with all-black.

spacer.png

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

And can be seen in this image from a promotional photo shoot:

BsnDuglIUAEfCcy.jpg

Now if we could make the helmet purple lighter to match the jersey and pants, fix the pant striping to match the helmet & jersey, and go with a better font on the helmet, I think the uni would be perfect.

gYH2mW9.png

Shame they didn't update the font while they were at it.

I honestly think that's coming, but they wanted to take small steps with changes to the uniform so as to not cause fan uproar. I think the intro of the new tiger head logo has gone MUCH better than anyone could have expected. I'm actually having a debate on another message board right now about changing to the "Geaux" font on the helmets.

gYH2mW9.png

And a video board is coming...there'll be one in the south endzone when they finish renovating the stadium for the 2017 season. It hasn't been announced, but it's clear that it's coming.

Those renovations are ridiculous. Why the hell do you need a frickin' ballroom in a football stadium?

As for the new field, meh, I can live with it, but I'd have preferred no midfield logo, and the turf system that Green Bay uses instead of going totally artificial. That is cool though about the end zone hash marks.

spacer.png

Looks like LSU IS making the switch on its helmet decal this year. The excerpt below is reportedly from the football media guide:

2450jli.png

And can be seen in this image from a promotional photo shoot:

BsnDuglIUAEfCcy.jpg

Now if we could make the helmet purple lighter to match the jersey and pants, fix the pant striping to match the helmet & jersey, and go with a better font on the helmet, I think the uni would be perfect.

About darn time they did and the helmet looks so much better now.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Those renovations are ridiculous. Why the hell do you need a frickin' ballroom in a football stadium?

Ballrooms are actually a huge asset for a school. It's basically a giant multipurpose room that is polished and primed that can be a showcase for the school, and an assembly hall for current students. At the ballroom at BGSU, I was in it as a high school senior as a guest at a scholar dinner, another time as an audience member for a televised event, and another time I even mini golfed in it, all within the span of 15 months. However, why they put it at their football stadium is a bit baffling. My guess is that the stadium had the best parking options on campus for guests at ballroom events (not to mention the lot is probably empty 359 days a year).

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Archived