College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

These jerseys are so much better than the original ones they released back in 2012.

It was one year earlier - the originals were released in 2011.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen+Shot+2014-07-24+at+12.52.38+PM.pn

those stripes on ucla's uniform need to go on the side since that's the best they can do on the shoulders.

I know traditionalist hate this logo, but the only negative thing I will say about it is that I wish it was bigger.

I have to disagree. To me the smaller size makes it look more old school, fitting in with the slash mark end zones. And it doesn't draw a ton of attention to itself, which I like.

Too bad since it's field turf it's one big fake field so achieving any old school look is for naught. They should have just made the turf a solid kelly green and put a repeating shamrock pattern in the end zone.

Playing football on a carpet is nothing new. (SMU VS Oklahoma 1968)

bluebonnet681.jpg

Screen+Shot+2014-07-24+at+12.52.38+PM.pn

those stripes on ucla's uniform need to go on the side since that's the best they can do on the shoulders.

I know traditionalist hate this logo, but the only negative thing I will say about it is that I wish it was bigger.

I have to disagree. To me the smaller size makes it look more old school, fitting in with the slash mark end zones. And it doesn't draw a ton of attention to itself, which I like.

Too bad since it's field turf it's one big fake field so achieving any old school look is for naught. They should have just made the turf a solid kelly green and put a repeating shamrock pattern in the end zone.

Playing football on a carpet is nothing new. (SMU VS Oklahoma 1968)

bluebonnet681.jpg

Yeah I'm pretty sure everybody knows the history of astro turf but apparently you missed the point. My point being it makes no sense to use retro field stylings on artificial turf. It comes off as tacky. Either go stay retro with a grass field or embrace the modern playing surface. Don't fake it.

They're pairing those jerseys with this helmet instead of the full flag helmet. I actually really like the look.

10494393_813173952026567_575117360026286

I can dig this. Probably the best way to showcase UMD's hyper unique branding (based on Lord Baltimore patterns on the MD State flag) without looking like some Andy Warhol diarrhea.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Call me unpopular, but I actually prefer this version of Ohio State's uniforms:

braxton-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-.jpg

There are a few aspects of this alt that I wouldn't mind seeing carried over onto the primaries, but overall, I think seeing this every game would get tiresome fast.

What I like; The helmet color and finish is really pretty nice, unique without being obnoxious. I wouldn't mind at all if they could use this with the standard stripes, plus slightly darker gray pants to match. The number font is a subtle change. Also, the black NOB kind of works for me, for some reason.

Dislikes; The oversize stripes are really just kind of stupid IMO. Especially on the sleeves... its just a reminder that sleeves don't really exist anymore. I have a problem with the helmet stripe with not only their silly size, but the chrome finish... it gives the red a purplish tinge that really bugs me. Black facemask... no thanks. The weird chrome-shine-foil look to the numbers is especially hard to look at... they just look cheap to me, for some reason. And the pants stripes (oddly, standard thickness?) that don't go all the way up to the top of the pants. No way... I have always hated that look.

Wow, they found the one way to make watching Eastern Michigan football more depressing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Grey- what a perfect color to pair with an overcast autumn day in Ypsilanti and a 50 point loss.

Also, EMU has named their field "The Factory". Fitting, given how factories on the Eastern side of Michigan have been doing lately.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Grey- what a perfect color to pair with an overcast autumn day in Ypsilanti and a 50 point loss.

Also, EMU has named their field "The Factory". Fitting, given how factories on the Eastern side of Michigan have been doing lately.

fail-room-alabama_5.jpg

(Alabama's visitor's locker, named after James M. Fail c/o 1949)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived