College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

If you include Cal and UCLA then you have to include Duke and UNC, so therefore neither pair should be included.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After some quick research, Louisville's official colors are listed as red and black. Cincinnati's official colors are also listed as red and black. Same colors, how they choose to wear them is a whole different matter.

SN: When I made my initial post of the two schools, I totally forgot about the University of Kentucky. Many consider them to be Louisville's number one rival, with Cincy as number two.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I always thought it was odd that two long time rival schools had the same colors (Louisville and Cincy)

But are Nebraska and Wisconsin even considered rivals? Hell, it seems like the B1G Ten wants to push Iowa as the Huskers rival. Louisville and Cincy have been each others arch rival for decades.

I can think of a few... there's only so many colors to go around.

-Alabama and Mississippi State

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Cal and UCLA (granted, it's because of a mandate from the University of California system)

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

As for Lousiville and Cincy, I always saw Lousiville as more of a red and white team with black trim, and Cincy as a black and red team.

Alright, you need to flip A&M and Bama, Arkansas and Alabama are crimson, A&M and Miss State's are clearly Maroon, Cal has a dark/navy blue, UCLA has used a light blue until recently. So you'd get something like this:

-Louisville & Cincy

-Nebraska, Wisconsin, & Indiana

-Texas A&M & Mississippi State

-Oklahoma, Arkansas, & Alabama

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

Although I do agree with the last statement.

You're really reaching for some these as either matching or rivalries.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I always thought it was odd that two long time rival schools had the same colors (Louisville and Cincy)

But are Nebraska and Wisconsin even considered rivals? Hell, it seems like the B1G Ten wants to push Iowa as the Huskers rival. Louisville and Cincy have been each others arch rival for decades.

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Cal and UCLA (granted, it's because of a mandate from the University of California system)

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

As for Lousiville and Cincy, I always saw Lousiville as more of a red and white team with black trim, and Cincy as a black and red team.

Alright, you need to flip A&M and Bama, Arkansas and Alabama are crimson, A&M and Miss State's are clearly Maroon, Cal has a dark/navy blue, UCLA has used a light blue until recently. So you'd get something like this:

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

I was thinking of matching, not rivalries. I don't really see how exactly I'm reaching either: Sure Missouri, Arkansas, and A&M have added some grey to their look, but for the most part they are the same.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

After some quick research, Louisville's official colors are listed as red and black. Cincinnati's official colors are also listed as red and black. Same colors, how they choose to wear them is a whole different matter.

SN: When I made my initial post of the two schools, I totally forgot about the University of Kentucky. Many consider them to be Louisville's number one rival, with Cincy as number two.

Exactly. I have a lot of friends who went to UK Law (and actually a few who went to Louisville for undergrad and then UK Law), and from that side of things, Louisville is the rivalry. Now I don't know how the greater Louisville population feels about Cincinnati, necessarily. But I always thought that, in basketball anyway, the #1 rivalries went Cincinnati/Xavier and Louisville/Kentucky.

Exactly. I have a lot of friends who went to UK Law (and actually a few who went to Louisville for undergrad and then UK Law), and from that side of things, Louisville is the rivalry. Now I don't know how the greater Louisville population feels about Cincinnati, necessarily. But I always thought that, in basketball anyway, the #1 rivalries went Cincinnati/Xavier and Louisville/Kentucky.

I think Louisville-Cincy is probably bigger in football anyway, because they don't really have to deal with UK as a threat and Xavier isn't there at all.

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

I was thinking of matching, not rivalries. I don't really see how exactly I'm reaching either: Sure Missouri, Arkansas, and A&M have added some grey to their look, but for the most part they are the same.

Missouri and Colorado use completely different shades of gold (one uses bright yellow). Same issue with Indiana, which uses crimson rather than bright red.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Hate to take this off of uniforms/logos, but how many different conference were Louisville and Cincy in together? Off the top of my head they've pretty much been joined at the hip going from Metro Conference, to Conference USA, to Big East/American. Weren't they members of other conferences before the Metro?

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

Missouri and Colorado use completely different shades of gold (one uses bright yellow). Same issue with Indiana, which uses crimson rather than bright red.

Missouri didn't always wear bright yellow. For decades, in football at least, they used the old metallic gold.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Louisville (and UK law alum). Not from Louisville originally but

Speaking as a proud Louisville alum, ALL Louisville fans consider Kentucky their #1 rivalry by far. Cincinnati, while a rival, is not one we hate.

923%5C362689.jpg

Why don't we just say that Louisville's biggest conference rival has been Cincinnati. They've been conferences mates with each other for decades. Shame that comes to an end once the Cards join the ACC. I don't see them going out there way to schedule Cincy in the coming years.

No, at least not yet. The Big Ten West might change that after 10 years or so since the Huskers and Badgers will play annually.

Refer back to the picture I posted. Yes, conference alignment has ended the Nebraska-Oklahoma series, but the Huskers and Sooners managed to clash for over 100 years without issue.

Also, HDTV has changed this debate a lot. Nowdays you can actually see the small differences in color shades between teams, but I recall the old days when you had to double check whether there was an NU/OU painted on the 50 yard line and then you'd know if your team was rocking the red or white jerseys.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

No, at least not yet. The Big Ten West might change that after 10 years or so since the Huskers and Badgers will play annually.

Refer back to the picture I posted. Yes, conference alignment has ended the Nebraska-Oklahoma series, but the Huskers and Sooners managed to clash for over 100 years without issue.

Also, HDTV has changed this debate a lot. Nowdays you can actually see the small differences in color shades between teams, but I recall the old days when you had to double check whether there was an NU/OU painted on the 50 yard line and then you'd know if your team was rocking the red or white jerseys.

You couldn't tell by the white helmets and the red helmets? It seemed pretty straight forward...Nebraska = white helmets...Oklahoma = red helmets.

Hate to take this off of uniforms/logos, but how many different conference were Louisville and Cincy in together? Off the top of my head they've pretty much been joined at the hip going from Metro Conference, to Conference USA, to Big East/American. Weren't they members of other conferences before the Metro?

They also were in the Missouri Valley together from 1963-1970. Memphis has also been in all of those conferences as well.

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

Someone already made the point about HDTV, and how telling between different shades of the same color wasn't always so easy. To that, I give you Arkansas-Texas A&M from 1975... it sure looks like it could be an intrasquad game.

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

Someone already made the point about HDTV, and how telling between different shades of the same color wasn't always so easy. To that, I give you Arkansas-Texas A&M from 1975... it sure looks like it could be an intrasquad game.

is a&m white?

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

is a&m white?

Exactly.

-Texas A&M and Arkansas

-Wisconsin and Indiana

-Mizzou and Colorado

-Louisville & Cincy

-Missouri & Colorado

+probably a ton more.

is a&m white?

How is this different from the A&M vs. Mississippi State games? Especially when A&M wears white helmets? Just thinking about the snow bowl in 2001 or so...

Archived