College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sleeves are obnoxiously long on all replica jerseys regardless of brand. Never understood the reasoning.

Because football jerseys are meant to be put over pads. So the sizes and the sleeves run large

That may have been the case 30 years ago but on field sleeves are now capped which barley cover the shoulder. Cheap replica jerseys have stayed with the traditional cut of the 70's-80's because that's what the consumer is used to when they think of a football jersey. You need it to fit like a shirt not a cycling jersey. Also a modern an on field cut looks horrible without pads.

The sleeves are obnoxiously long on all replica jerseys regardless of brand. Never understood the reasoning.

Because football jerseys are meant to be put over pads. So the sizes and the sleeves run large
The strange thing is that for a youth or toddler jersey they are a decent size. But when I bought a XL Browns jersey the sleeves almost touch my elbows. I'm almost tempted to have the them trimmed up so they look similar to how the kids sleeves are.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Michigan Wolverine fan here...I have to give Eastern Michigan credit for trying something different - I hope it draws some fans and maybe a good recruit or two.

UMich is the reason Eastern has no fans to begin with. No one is going to leave the Big House to go watch the team with the worst historical record play on a parking lot.

I'm familiar with both Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor...would be nice to see the Hurons, er, Eagles, have some success.

Grey- what a perfect color to pair with an overcast autumn day in Ypsilanti and a 50 point loss.

Also, EMU has named their field "The Factory". Fitting, given how factories on the Eastern side of Michigan have been doing lately.

Odd. In the past eastern has been known for it's awesome style.

photo-ed-mizinski-lg.jpg

The long lost grandfather of the current Miami Ohio look.

Genuine question: What the heck is the point of helmets with logo on one side, number on the other? It's not just that that look is now so, so played out and derivative, I don't even understand where it came from in the first place.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

The strange thing is that for a youth or toddler jersey they are a decent size. But when I bought a XL Browns jersey the sleeves almost touch my elbows. I'm almost tempted to have the them trimmed up so they look similar to how the kids sleeves are.

I'm skinny enough to fit into kids L and XL jerseys and much prefer the fit over the adult jerseys so if/when I buy a Nike football jersey it will be a youth.

Genuine question: What the heck is the point of helmets with logo on one side, number on the other? It's not just that that look is now so, so played out and derivative, I don't even understand where it came from in the first place.

I can imagine it being similar to why the Steelers only use one decal. Money.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I don't think the Steelers are worried about the $500-$1000 it would take to put a second decal on 53 helmets for a whole season. Maybe they were worried about it 75 years ago...but not now.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Penn State and Notre Dame must be in really bad shape

There is still a type of logo on both sides of the helmet so they are not saving a whole lot of money.

spacer.png

Grey- what a perfect color to pair with an overcast autumn day in Ypsilanti and a 50 point loss.

Also, EMU has named their field "The Factory". Fitting, given how factories on the Eastern side of Michigan have been doing lately.

photo-ed-mizinski-lg.jpg

My memory may be off on this, but I believe Nike first cooked up that idea for one of Boise State's first one - off alternate uniforms...I think it was the one that first had the oversize Bronco on the helmet (which I believe also might've been the first helmet with oversize logo in the first place...I just don't remember if those helmets also had the number on the other side or not, I'm almost positive they did, though). And well, you know how "kewl" trends spread like wildfires in the desert, especially amongst programs with little if any other regional or national relevance...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

photo-ed-mizinski-lg.jpg

My memory may be off on this, but I believe Nike first cooked up that idea for one of Boise State's first one - off alternate uniforms...I think it was the one that first had the oversize Bronco on the helmet (which I believe also might've been the first helmet with oversize logo in the first place...I just don't remember if those helmets also had the number on the other side or not, I'm almost positive they did, though). And well, you know how "kewl" trends spread like wildfires in the desert, especially amongst programs with little if any other regional or national relevance...

I think Joseph Gordon-Levitt got into a time machine and got his picture taken, THAT'S WHAT I THINK!!!

PersonDivided-2-1.png

I'm skinny enough to fit into kids L and XL jerseys and much prefer the fit over the adult jerseys so if/when I buy a Nike football jersey it will be a youth.

It must be nice to be able to wear that :angered: 6 inch sleeve instead of 12 inch sleeves! hahahhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wish that this was the case with adult jerseys too. I understand wanting to make it easy to fit sweatshirts and such for cold weather, but that's why you buy a size larger instead.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived