College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Boise's done monochrome pretty well over the years:

MU-1.jpg

Sanders+Commings+Boise+State+v+Georgia+m

Of course, there were also the all-orange atrocities that should never be mentioned again.

Thank god they didn't have an orange helmet to go with the orange.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1910487_10154461393930249_22464949867443

I think I'm gonna cry...

I don't get Nebraska. Something like Ohio State has done could work nicely. This is so far out in left field, it's not Nebraska at all.

Nebraska should be ashamed of themselves. What would Tom Osborne think...nevermind, he probably signed off on it! But I guess if you need to get that big recruit by rolling out those clown suits, then so be it. Being the uniform nerds that we are, I will pose this question. Would a uniform really factor into your choice of a football program?

I think I'm gonna cry...

I don't get Nebraska. Something like Ohio State has done could work nicely. This is so far out in left field, it's not Nebraska at all.

Nebraska should be ashamed of themselves. What would Tom Osborne think...nevermind, he probably signed off on it! But I guess if you need to get that big recruit by rolling out those clown suits, then so be it. Being the uniform nerds that we are, I will pose this question. Would a uniform really factor into your choice of a football program?

FWIW, Tom Osborne has retired as Athletic Director. He may have known about these, but he has zero official say in what gets approved.

Also, to the people who say the players will probably love them? Ummm... their reaction to the uniform reveal is pretty underwhelming, IMO:

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/alt_uni_p5ecdl

As a fan, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over one game, but I AM going to email the Alumni Association and the Athletic Department campaigning for a move to Nike or Under Armor. NU's adidas contract is up in 2018, which can't get here soon enough for me. Adidas represents everything wrong with college football these days.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

10498043_10154461393925249_5885255830330

10470854_10154461393915249_3735743995871

I love the pants the N in the stripe is a nice hidden touch.

But the helmet takes a classic Nebraska look with the N on the helmet rips it to shreds and laughs in its face. The Navy helmet is the only plae that design worked. And you didn't even do it right Adidas! The numbers look like they were put on with electrical tape and it's safe to say that I might just listen to the radio for the Illinois game. Gosh. Just Hideous.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Monochrome can work with certain designs and colors. Kind of like everything else, actually.

Anyway, new uniforms for Arkansas State. They've taken up the tire tread template from Adidas.

r1gJk9O.png

izzg51j.png

Old

xsGsDHW.jpg

Xoq4b4v.jpg

white numbers on the jersey an upgrade over the previous set?

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

To honor Chucky Mullins, Ole Miss will wear the number 38 on the right side of their helmets in their home game against Memphis on September 27. The Ole Miss script will remain on the left side.

I thought they had a whole tradition with awarding #38 to honor him. Pretty sure espn did a documentary on it as well. This was several years ago.

To honor Chucky Mullins, Ole Miss will wear the number 38 on the right side of their helmets in their home game against Memphis on September 27. The Ole Miss script will remain on the left side.

I thought they had a whole tradition with awarding #38 to honor him. Pretty sure espn did a documentary on it as well. This was several years ago.

They do, but they're doing a special weekend this year in addition to that.

Archived