College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for those speaking of Old Diminion's unis, I thought the exact same thing, I actually laughed for a little bit.

But those are not Arizona's sleeve design, those belong to Fresno State

4c3c5eecc65569914a5280a96f8689b8_crop_no

Arizona had it first...

uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

for those speaking of Old Diminion's unis, I thought the exact same thing, I actually laughed for a little bit.

Arizona had it first...

uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

And Virginia Tech had it before all of them

icon_12250828-675x380.jpg

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Arizona had it first...

uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

And Virginia Tech had it before all of them

icon_12250828-675x380.jpg

Completely forgot about those ProCombats...

ojNNazQ.jpg

Arizona had it first...

uspw_5052372-700x466.jpg

oh wow, I remember those unis but I don't remember the stripes ending like that. It must be because they have re-branded a couple times recently that I don't remember. I think those unis are cool though, I like em more than the current "sunrise" unis

What is the limit on a uniform template before it is considered "overused" ??

I think as long as it's less than 4-5 teams it is fine

It obviously depends on those teams. I'd much rather not see any more than 2 teams in the same conference looking the same (looking at you Miss. State and Texas A&M...). But I think if it's pretty spread out it's alright. And also some designs I don't think will get old. Auburn and Florida both rep the stripes, obviously in different ways, but still pretty similar.

That's a tough question...

ojNNazQ.jpg

CalvinJohnson.jpgt2613953-.jpggeorgia-tech-anniversary-throwback-footb

iconphotos746440.jpg
Perfect.

See, with the exception of the gold on white uniform, the others immediately put me in mind of other teams. The two white over gold uniforms look a lot like Navy to me, and the black one looks like Vandy. They should go with the white/gold/white (with the black numbers in a thick white outline) and then white/white/white on the road with gold numbers, a la the original Saints white jerseys or the silver-numbered Raiders (except in gold, obviously).

San Jose State also uses the stripe. I loved it when it debuted with Virginia Tech, tolerated it with Arizona, and now hate it since it's popped up on a million high school teams. Michigan State's font has also been overused to the point of being lame for me. (2 birds with one stone)

940x.jpg

As I scrolled past this photo I saw the helmet and thought "Dan Fouts era San Diego Chargers"

What is the limit on a uniform template before it is considered "overused" ??

I think as long as it's less than 4-5 teams it is fine

It obviously depends on those teams. I'd much rather not see any more than 2 teams in the same conference looking the same (looking at you Miss. State and Texas A&M...). But I think if it's pretty spread out it's alright. And also some designs I don't think will get old. Auburn and Florida both rep the stripes, obviously in different ways, but still pretty similar.

That's a tough question...

As far as "classic" looks go, it doesn't seem to matter but modern i would definitely say the same as long as it is not duplicated within a conference and used less than 4 times

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

San Jose State also uses the stripe. I loved it when it debuted with Virginia Tech, tolerated it with Arizona, and now hate it since it's popped up on a million high school teams. Michigan State's font has also been overused to the point of being lame for me. (2 birds with one stone)

940x.jpg

As I scrolled past this photo I saw the helmet and thought "Dan Fouts era San Diego Chargers"

And then you thought "gosh, he'd look great in a monochrome uniform!"

A&M has been wearing glossy maroon helmets in practice this week. The past 2 years their maroon helmets have been a semi-matte shell. IDK know if they have moved away from the semi-matte completely or have another special helmet design coming up for the season opener vs South Carolina.

45165_zps3a7122a0.jpg

Archived