College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Monochrome madness!

Schools typically show all new uniforms in monochrome as it is easier. Besides the viewer can imagine or wait to see the different combinations.
Easier? Pants of a different color are more difficult to put on a mannequin?
No it's easier to show each option of jersey, pants, and helmets that are available

I think Marshall wins "ugliest uniforms of the year". That's just dreadful.

Marshall looks terrible, but this abomination from Lincoln, Nebraska is far worse.

nebraska-red-uniforms-2014.jpg

I don't see why Nebraska's new uniforms are getting so much hate... I'm probably one of the very few, but I love those uniforms. Now Marshall on the other hand...

I'm a Marshall fan and I despise those. They're hideous. Don't call it BFBS, because they already wore a black helmet stripe. I wouldn't hate them so much if they were just a home alternate for a few times a year, but they're permanent. Any high school with the right mind wouldn't be caught dead in those.

And what's amazing to me is that the Marshall Equipment twitter page continues to say that the numbers are within the rules. But according to the rule book, they aren't...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Arizona State's equipment manager's twitter confirmed that they're using the fire helmets again this season, AND that they revealed a new uniform to the team today.

So be on the lookout for that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

New Marshall uniforms are god-awful. These aren't legal...right?

Busx1viIAAE15Cc.jpg

No, they're not.

NCAA Football, Rule 1-4-4...

3. Numerals. The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, of a color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number. All players of a team shall have the same color and style numbers front and back. The individual bars must be approximately 1-1/2 inches wide. Numbers on any part of the uniform shall correspond with the mandatory front and back jersey numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Legal or illegal, as a sports journalist I can assure you that those in the press box will petition to have the jerseys removed and the team wear the roadies full-time after the first home game. No way you can make out the numbers from a distance.

A distance? I'm not sure the running backs could read the numbers from twelve feet behind the offensive linemen!

New Marshall uniforms are god-awful. These aren't legal...right?

Busx1viIAAE15Cc.jpg

No, they're not.

NCAA Football, Rule 1-4-4...

3. Numerals. The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, of a color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number. All players of a team shall have the same color and style numbers front and back. The individual bars must be approximately 1-1/2 inches wide. Numbers on any part of the uniform shall correspond with the mandatory front and back jersey numbers.

Funny, this is the wording I found

To clarify uniform rules as follows: "Jerseys must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively, and be of one solid color that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the color of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number." This rule goes into effect for Football Bowl Subdivision teams in 2013. Football Championship Subdivision, Division II and Division III teams will have until 2014 before the rule becomes effective.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

You sure those aren't Oregon State's regular jerseys?

They even have the Pac 10 logo. They'd be the nicest non traditional for sure.

Their equipment managers said they were just practice jerseys on twitter.

Also there's this new UTSA helmet with orange chrome mask and number on the side. Very original

But4CWpIEAAKkIi.jpg

Archived