College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's weird seeing Notre Dame with an Under Armour logo.

628x471.jpg

The shade of gold they used is perfect.

i'd like it if it was a little more champaign/vegas gold, but other than that no complaints

If they keep their current helmet, then that shade of gold will be perfect. I just hope UA can make their pants match their helmet.

spacer.png

Reminds me of GT's old gold. The Champion gold (pre adidas) was the best.

The grey uniforms are official for the Kentucky Wildcats this season. I really wish the numbers were blue, but this set is still 1000x better than the ugly black uniforms:

BTW, the player in the picture is our starting QB next year, the highly rated Drew Barker (#6 nationally)

I can't stand the grey fad, it looks horrible. It even makes this look like a good option.

At least grey as always been an accent color (look at the numbers in the picture below)..black has never been a part of the University (except for the black basketball uniforms to honor Mr. Kentucky)

Gray always been an accent color? They had black trim and masks mid 90's before tim couch. Unless you mean always since nike.

The only black they used was the outlinged "K" the helmet and the facemask was black between 93-96. Think the new Vikings helmet where black is used sparingly.

kentucky-93-96.gif

spacer.png

The grey uniforms are official for the Kentucky Wildcats this season. I really wish the numbers were blue, but this set is still 1000x better than the ugly black uniforms:

BTW, the player in the picture is our starting QB next year, the highly rated Drew Barker (#6 nationally)

I can't stand the grey fad, it looks horrible. It even makes this look like a good option.

At least grey as always been an accent color (look at the numbers in the picture below)..black has never been a part of the University (except for the black basketball uniforms to honor Mr. Kentucky)

Gray always been an accent color? They had black trim and masks mid 90's before tim couch. Unless you mean always since nike.

The only black they used was the outlinged "K" the helmet and the facemask was black between 93-96. Think the new Vikings helmet where black is used sparingly.

kentucky-93-96.gif

The numbers on the jerseys were outlined in black during this period as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

kentucky-93-96.gif

I don't remember that and I was a season ticket holder in 1995....maybe I am losing it with age, but I do remember when we finally got rid of the "k" and went with the UK as it is a much better logo.

spacer.png

kentucky-93-96.gif

I don't remember that and I was a season ticket holder in 1995....maybe I am losing it with age, but I do remember when we finally got rid of the "k" and went with the UK as it is a much better logo.

I always liked the big K. Had a hat with a big K on it when I was a kid.

Getty has good pictures from the 90s with the black outlines:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/linebacker-mike-schellenberger-of-the-kentucky-wildcats-news-photo/1399317

The black outlines were harder to see on the blue jerseys, but they are there:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/quarterback-billy-jack-haskins-of-the-kentucky-wildcats-news-photo/226059

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From the interview with Notre Dame's AD

Q: Will Under Armour figure out the correct gold and continuity with the uniform and have they talked to you about it?

Swarbrick: “There is not a lot you can do in this first year but they left here with a helmet and football pants to get a better match. In fairness to adidas we changed the helmet independently and next year for anybody would be the year to catch up on the helmet.”

http://ndathleticsblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/a-conversation-with-jack-swarbrick-on-ua-partnership/

It was also said during the press conference that all uniforms shown were just mock-ups. The uniforms that are on the field/court in 2014 will be pretty much the same as what you are used to seeing and they will make any changes in 2015. However the Football uniform will remain pretty much unchanged other than the location of the ND logo. They didn't say that the location would change but if anything changed it would be that.

kentucky-93-96.gif

I always liked the big K. Had a hat with a big K on it when I was a kid.

Getty has good pictures from the 90s with the black outlines:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/linebacker-mike-schellenberger-of-the-kentucky-wildcats-news-photo/1399317

The black outlines were harder to see on the blue jerseys, but they are there:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/quarterback-billy-jack-haskins-of-the-kentucky-wildcats-news-photo/226059

Around 1993-1996 while Bill Curry was there. Hal Mumme's first year in 1997 they changed to the UK on the helmets, white facemasks and brought back blue pants for away games. That first year the jerseys had the black outline on the numbers but changed the next year to no outlines on numbers. I guess they had already ordered them before Mumme took over and had to use them instead of wasting them till they corrected the order.

I agree I liked the K logo, it was the first logo I remember on the helmets in 1983 but I am in favor of the interlock now.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

It's a standard block number. Each company's is a bit different. I'm sure that if Notre Dame requests a certain style they'll get it. I just hope Under Armour fixes the pants to match the helmet better.

I was referring to the number 1's. take a close look they are different

Oregon will be unveiling the rest of their uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So so far the current re-brands we have are:

Oregon (A mega-unveil of the Alamo Bowl stuff).

Miami

Arkansas

Notre Dame

Navy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are what we have so far correct?

The only one here I don't like is Arkansas, I personally am really starting to warm up for their current set.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived