College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

You sure those aren't Oregon State's regular jerseys?

They even have the Pac 10 logo. They'd be the nicest non traditional for sure.

Their equipment managers said they were just practice jerseys on twitter.

Also there's this new UTSA helmet with orange chrome mask and number on the side. Very original

But4CWpIEAAKkIi.jpg

I like that UTSA helmet it looks real clean honestly and I like that chrome Alamo on the back aswell

It'd be a great helmet if they put the roadrunner on both sides. Hopping on the numbered on one side trend is just plain lazy. Are recruits wowed when there is a different logo on each side of the helmet? I could understand how when Boise St. did it that there was concern on making a large logo appear symmetric. This is just plain lame.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is the mtsu silver helmet matte? if so, that would be disappointing. it also needs a blue face mask.

I've requested MTSU Equipment show us a better picture of the helmet. Haven't heard back yet.

were there any silver pants? none posted here. it doesn't make sense to get rid of them for white pants. the silver/blue/silver combo looked great.

ButKDRsIEAA3gc0.jpg

I'm liking everything but the helmet. Not that the "UT" helmet is bad, but why is it so hard for them to just put the rocket on both sides? That would be a perfect helmet. I'm also interested in seeing what's going on with the pants stripe.

spacer.png

Maybe Illinois will have navy jerseys this year. Someone posted this on Illinois Loyalty today. Apparently there is an updated version of Illinois's navy jersey on display at their facilities. They changed the number outlines from navy to orange. They didn't fix the sleeve stripes though.

Before:

a3IaTzo.jpg

1JUerCH.jpg

After:

TEDdiuc.jpg

If this just had the SJ, it would be one of my favorite helmets in the MWC

BuyHykrCQAE9KmQ.jpg

Incarnate Word.

Do any other teams have a helmet with a different logo on each side?

Are those official?

Wyoming did this twice 2 years ago. Once with a brown helmet with a white bucking on one side and a white W on the other, and then once with yellow decals

Game 1 (both shown), Game 2 Side 1, Side 2

The Steelers are the only team that looks good with a logo on 1 side of the helmet, because there was a reason for it. Now it's just to be unique and kewl just like every other college team hoping recruits are wowed because of the team's inability to put he same gosh darn logo on both sides of the helmet.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Maybe Illinois will have navy jerseys this year. Someone posted this on Illinois Loyalty today. Apparently there is an updated version of Illinois's navy jersey on display at their facilities. They changed the number outlines from navy to orange. They didn't fix the sleeve stripes though.

Before:

a3IaTzo.jpg

1JUerCH.jpg

After:

TEDdiuc.jpg

Illinois' look is growing on me. Still a few things i'm not wild about, the font seems unfinished, the round inner corners of the I, and that awful shield everyone seems to love. But I think the "glance view" of the uniforms and everything is great. Just wish the details got ironed out a bit better.

The Steelers are the only team that looks good with a logo on 1 side of the helmet, because there was a reason for it. Now it's just to be unique and kewl just like every other college team hoping recruits are wowed because of the team's inability to put he same gosh darn logo on both sides of the helmet.

What's the reason for it now? I could understand being cheap and putting only one logo on one side of the helmet 60 years ago but why not today?

Archived