Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

Most of those teams have already altered their classics numerous times.

I think the poster making this point was discounting alts and one offs. If you only consider primary uniforms, its basically true. (it would also depend on your definition of "altered".)

It's still not true. Penn State, LSU, USC, Ohio State, Georgia and Notre Dame have all made pretty significant changes to their normal uniforms over the years.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

We can rest easy though that the following will never alter their classics:

Alabama

Auburn

Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

I think the poster making this point was discounting alts and one offs. If you only consider primary uniforms, its basically true. (it would also depend on your definition of "altered".)

It's still not true. Penn State, LSU, USC, Ohio State, Georgia and Notre Dame have all made pretty significant changes to their normal uniforms over the years.

Care to elaborate? Other than some stripe and font tweaks the only other thing that I can think of as significant sc going back to their 1960's crescent shoulder jerseys and that was over a decade ago now.

Alabama

Auburn

Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

Throughout history USC, UGA, ND have always made minor changes

Alabama

Auburn

Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

Care to elaborate? Other than some stripe and font tweaks the only other thing that I can think of as significant sc going back to their 1960's crescent shoulder jerseys and that was over a decade ago now.

That's what I meant by your individual definition of "altered"... in the CCSLC sense, sure, but not everybody would call these changes significant, if they even noticed.

Alabama

Auburn

Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

Penn State added NOBs after O'Brien took over.

I like everything Illinois has done with this update, just hope they can keep the grey jerseys off the field.

Unfortunately not going to happen. And we still have to see if the rumors of not having blue jerseys this year and not updating the logo at the 50 yard line are true. Either of those rumors being true would be a huge disappointment.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Alabama

Auburn

Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

Maybe for psu that's a major rebrand event but that's really grasping at straws for a significant change. I'll stand by my statement if that's your best example.

Alabama

Auburn

Penn State

LSU

Southern Cal

Texas

Ohio State

OU

UGA

Notre Dame

Maybe for psu that's a major rebrand event but that's really grasping at straws for a significant change. I'll stand by my statement if that's your best example.

They also eliminated the contrasting collar and sleeve trim on the jerseys a few years ago.

Yeah, even by my obsessive standards, I wouldn't call that a significant change.

I haven't seen this yet. Wyoming is dropping the god awful gray camo uniforms and going with only one helmet with a brown-gold-brown stripe this season.

53e563a1e0d0d.preview-620.jpg

Again with the double outlines? Remove the extra brown outline and these would be VERY nice.
A quick mock-up of the brown with yellow outline - minus the extra thin brown outline, anyone?

Yeah, even by my obsessive standards, I wouldn't call that a significant change.

It's significant to me at least - they went from a very classy look to glorified practice jerseys.

But they have now added the oval lion logo on the collar. A subtle change but it does make it less of a glorified practice jersey to me.

It's significant to me at least - they went from a very classy look to glorified practice jerseys.

yea i would say those schools have gone through some major changes in details. but the integrity of uniform design hasnt really changed. its one of those things where if you didnt tell the average fan things changed, they wouldnt notice.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived