College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

It's too bad Boise couldn't afford stronger helmets. They really seem shatter-prone in that picture.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Boise helmet on its own, hopefully the uniform matches. I do hate the whole big logo on one side numbers on the other side thing. If the bronco is on both sides, I love it

bad news...

they invented the trend

In Atlanta as well.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'm sorry but chrome facemasks/helmets/numbers are no the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Matte is on it's way. But seriously, the chrome was amazing when Oregon first did it, now I can't stand it because 85% of college teams have it, it's not even tolerable anymore

On the Dan Patrick Show this morning they brought up the Kansas uniform and suggested that teams shouldn't be allowed to have more uniform options than conference wins the previous year (Kansas had 1). Can we get this implemented immediately?

On the Dan Patrick Show this morning they brought up the Kansas uniform and suggested that teams shouldn't be allowed to have more uniform options than conference wins the previous year (Kansas had 1). Can we get this implemented immediately?

Where's the petition?

Yes.

Also, can't stand 1ll1nois' new wordmark. 1t just looks l1ke a bunch of 1's w1th some letters m1xed 1n. 1t would be one th1ng 1f they were actually #1 at someth1ng 1n football as1de from be1ng med1ocre, but...

I'm sorry but chrome facemasks/helmets/numbers are no the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Matte is on it's way. But seriously, the chrome was amazing when Oregon first did it, now I can't stand it because 85% of college teams have it, it's not even tolerable anymore

I could not agree more as I have hated Chrome since it was introduced and I wish it would go away....heck even my favorite team is getting chrome helmets this year and on all their posts on Facebook, I always comment with "Please burn the Chrome Helmets."

spacer.png

I like what UAB did with their helmets by putting in a dragonscale design. Noticed some of that detail is in the contrasting shoulder caps so another good design detail there. I want to see how the white helmet looks before judging the look completely.

Love the Boise helmet on its own, hopefully the uniform matches. I do hate the whole big logo on one side numbers on the other side thing. If the bronco is on both sides, I love it

bad news...

they invented the trend

In Atlanta as well.

And against Virginia Tech

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like chrome facemasks, not a fan of chrome helmets though

I'm starting to not like full chrome helmets as much either. Chrome really only works in small doses. Oregon does it right by blending chrome with painted helmet elements. They've gotten rid of the full black chrome helmet they wore in the 2012 Rose Bowl and the 2012 season and gone to the much better matte black helmet with chrome wings.

I actually like UAB's helmet. The dragon head is on both sides. FINALLY! The jerseys just look pretty lazy to me. The UAB font looks awful. And always has. And another team with no logo at the v-neck of the FlyWire. It just looks cheap to me.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived