College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I actually like UAB's helmet. The dragon head is on both sides. FINALLY! The jerseys just look pretty lazy to me. The UAB font looks awful. And always has. And another team with no logo at the v-neck of the FlyWire. It just looks cheap to me.

I think they will add one later, ECU didn't have a collar logo when they first got their jerseys

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Dan Patrick Show this morning they brought up the Kansas uniform and suggested that teams shouldn't be allowed to have more uniform options than conference wins the previous year (Kansas had 1). Can we get this implemented immediately?

Yes.

Also, can't stand 1ll1nois' new wordmark. 1t just looks l1ke a bunch of 1's w1th some letters m1xed 1n. 1t would be one th1ng 1f they were actually #1 at someth1ng 1n football as1de from be1ng med1ocre, but...

This post hurt my eyes!

I like the big Jayhawk head on the KU helment...and almost nothing else.

- Too much chrome.

- Too much freaking red.

And to make it worse, the Jayhawk logo is only on one side of the helmet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rxl6tU8jcY

If they really wanted to do chrome, I would have made the helmet a dark blue and the beak chrome...to match the two-tone blue/chrome bird on the shoulders. That way you stick to a red/dark blue/chrome palette. Having all that red and chrome and then bright yellow is just too much. Nobody ever woke up and said " :censored:...you know what color combination would look classy on a football field...bright red monochrome with yellow and chrome". Especially for a school who traditionally uses blue as the "field" color in its jerseys.

KU's set is a complete disastrous mess right now...there's like 80 combinations and all but 2-3 completely suck. So many different helmets and colors, BFBS and now CFCS. It's like they are trying to distract from the awful product on the field with awful uniforms. I get it is supposed to "sell" kids on coming here...whoppee you get to pick your own uniform design every f-ing week...but there is no brand identity. I hate, hate to do this but if you look at the school to the West, Snyder did it right. Home uniform, Away uniform. Both classy and simple. Build the product on the field and that simple look will become the brand.

I love UAB's new helmets the dragon scales on the bottom of the helmet look great if they did it on the entire helmet i think it would have been overkill. If the home sleeves were gold and the away numbers were green than they've got a really good set there.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Also, can't stand 1ll1nois' new wordmark. 1t just looks l1ke a bunch of 1's w1th some letters m1xed 1n. 1t would be one th1ng 1f they were actually #1 at someth1ng 1n football as1de from be1ng med1ocre, but...

This post hurt my eyes!

1 bel1eve that was h1s 1ntent1on.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Cap sleeves are the new flywire. And need to disappear just as quickly if they're going to drag down a whole uniform set the way they've done with Houston, Middle Tennessee State, and now UAB.

The only problem with the cap sleeves is they either need to put TV numbers on them or logos. However, I will take these basic jerseys any day over any modern chrome crap (Ex. Kansas).

spacer.png

New Liberty Flame uniforms via UniWatch:

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

Seems like every unveil these days includes primary color helmet, secondary color helmet and white helmet...Makes me feel glad sometimes that Cal doesn't have 8472394823 helmets although i wish we had an inverted helmet that was matte yellow with a blue script..something like this maybe

CAXUCB8181%20(3).JPG

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

New Liberty Flame uniforms via UniWatch:

Bu9x6MjCYAA9e0p.jpg

Seems like every unveil these days includes primary color helmet, secondary color helmet and white helmet...Makes me feel glad sometimes that Cal doesn't have 8472394823 helmets although i wish we had an inverted helmet that was matte yellow with a blue script..something like this maybe

I really like these uniforms, the only thing I would change is make the facemask on the red helmet blue or white. I have never been a fan of a red-on-red helmet/facemask combo.

spacer.png

I really like these uniforms, the only thing I would change is make the facemask on the red helmet blue or white. I have never been a fan of a red-on-red helmet/facemask combo.

The only same color helmet/facemask that works for me are navy/navy or black/black. Everything else just looks... I don't know, not right, especially red on red or yellow on yellow

Ex:

969763831_4bhfm-l.jpg

and

ArizonaRedMini.jpg

just don't look right.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Archived